TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have called aobut 12 metal supply locations around atlanta all the way up to around allatoona lake on 575 and NONE of them are open on the weekends. It is not possible for me to get to ANY of them during their normal business hours during the week. does anyone know where I can go to get a 5" x 12" plate of 1/4" carbon steel on the weekend and preferrably have it cut into 4 smaller pieces as well? i would even go for having it shipped at this point but i really need it and my cutting resources arent the best. thanks!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does metal supermarkets cut to spec?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I have what you need in stock in Newnan, I can cut it into the plate lengths you need if you like too. Sorry I'm so far away from you guys, but I'm always glad to help.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mad_african said:
I have what you need in stock in Newnan, I can cut it into the plate lengths you need if you like too. Sorry I'm so far away from you guys, but I'm always glad to help.
hey man, any chance youd be able to ship it if i paid the charges? im just trying to weigh the gas versus shipping charges. if shipping is under $10, itd be more expensive for me to drive out there. thanks for the offer man

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Send me your Zip code - I have PM'd you my phone number. Call me tonight so we can discuss exactly what you need and how you want the individual plates cut.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i talked to jack last night and he is generously going to help me out. thanks jack!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Alan11116 said:
I'm building a new bumper to accomodate my winch and take the bodylift down to 1 inch.
I know that LOL - Yours don't fit his... Oh well too late you didn't get the joke... Thanks for the explanation anyway... hehehehe

·
Registered
29 Posts
drguitarum2005 said:
I have called aobut 12 metal supply locations around atlanta all the way up to around allatoona lake on 575 and NONE of them are open on the weekends. It is not possible for me to get to ANY of them during their normal business hours during the week. does anyone know where I can go to get a 5" x 12" plate of 1/4" carbon steel on the weekend and preferrably have it cut into 4 smaller pieces as well? i would even go for having it shipped at this point but i really need it and my cutting resources arent the best. thanks!
I just saw this thread. FYI...C&J Welding on Atlanta Road in Smyrna sells steel and they can cut it for you as well. I am sure they are more expensive but for small pieces they are open on Saturdays till noon. I am like you and cannot get to these places during the week cause I am on lockdown in downtown Atlanta at work. I have bought 2"x2" tube and 18 gauge sheet metal from them. You can sort through their scrap stash or they will cut and sell you exactly what you need.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, I'm still alive. I have been busy and out of town a lot with football season going on. The good news is I have buried in my garage the last few weeks and have the 4Runner about 95% finished. I really just have sliders and one more coat of paint. I am going with some friends to do a shake down run soon at Gulches in Laurens, SC in the next few weeks. I look forward to wheeling with yall. Its been a long time since I have been.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts