TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
those of you running steel wheels, are you getting any vibration? i noticed that the steel wheels are not hub centric. i use to have 18" wheels that needed hub rings to get rid of the vibration.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
The steel wheels i have are lug centric, same as stock. They just use acorn nuts to self center. I'm rolling 33x12.5's on my 15x8 steel locks and they balanced out relatively well. I get a slight vibe from 50-60 mph but other than that smooth sailing.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Lug-centric is correct..No probs with mine,,I run 33x10.5 BFG M/T's, smooth as glass..

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Most shops do not balance lug centric wheels correctly. Take it back to everywhere you got them from, and ask if they have the adapter, and have them do it again.

You can also ditch the wheel weights and use Dyna Beads. They go inside the tire and balance the tire on every rotation. I have them, and Love them- no vibs, ever. http://www.innovativebalancing.com/

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I think it's called a Haweka adapter, not sure though. I've heard good things of those bead dealies too, go through the shraeder valve and what not. How many do you get for 33's?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have been thinking about doing the bead thing. The shop I went to put Nitrogen or something in my tires instead of regular air. Said that it would not leak out as fast as regular air or whatever. I had never heard of such a thing, but whatever.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
TacoCrazy said:
Lug-centric is correct..No probs with mine,,I run 33x10.5 BFG M/T's, smooth as glass..
i'm gonna get the steel wheels from wheelersoffroad.com...15x8 i believe the 3.75 BS (Type B)

would i be able to put in like 32" tires with those wheels with no prob?

·
Registered
51 Posts
04RedLobster said:
i'm gonna get the steel wheels from wheelersoffroad.com...15x8 i believe the 3.75 BS (Type B)

would i be able to put in like 32" tires with those wheels with no prob?
i have that exact set up...no problems whatsoever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts