TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apply some Mothers chrome polish on the steel wool and wipe those nasty waterspots on your windows away.
Obvious, but do not use it on the body. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
340 Posts
ChargedTaco said:
Apply some Mothers chrome polish on the steel wool and wipe those nasty waterspots on your windows away.
Obvious, but do not use it on the body. :rolleyes:
You can also use it to clean the oxidation off your fender flares although a coarser "grit" would let you do it with less elbow grease. If you're flares aren't as black as they used to be, scratch it with your fingernail. If it's black underneath, go to town.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
A good foaming glass cleaner with the #0000 steel wool works well too..Sure made a world of difference in my glass..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
taco23 said:
Still afraid to use that #0000 grit steel wool.
Don't be...I learned this from a frend of mine that does detailing for a living.....I haven't come across anything that works better.
Try it out on your mother-in-law's car first if you want. :D

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
They use it every day at our detail shop, it won't hurt a thing..Just be sure and get the right one...

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
taco23 said:
Would a mixture of water and white vinegar work as well? Still afraid to use that #0000 grit steel wool.
Man don't sweat it. #0000 is just a little rougher than fiberglass.

·
Registered
356 Posts
STOMPER said:
Man don't sweat it. #0000 is just a little rougher than fiberglass.
iight this might be a dumb question but i still find it hard to believe..... you can actually use #0000 grit steel wool on windshields etc...? :confused: :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Glass is not easily scratched though..It would take something far more rough that the steel wool we're talking about to scratch it..

·
Registered
436 Posts
TacoCrazy said:
Glass is not easily scratched though..It would take something far more rough that the steel wool we're talking about to scratch it..
thats crazy that the steel wool wont scratch it but wiping mud off with your wipers and lots of washer fluid will still scratch the crap out of it

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Try it..If you use the steel wool we're talking about it will do nothing but clean it real well. We have used #0000 steel wool on glass in our shop for years with NO issues whatsoever..It may sound crazy, but it really works without harming anything..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ive tried steel wool for sharpening old wiper blades (works good). As for steel wool for water spots I use scotch brite instead. Steel wool is to messy to clean up around paint.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I read this and was sceptical so I tried it on a rent car and yes it worked so I used it on my truck, worked too. I also used it to clean off my wipers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
22 Participants
Gad
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing