TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a question... my steering rack started leaking around the input seal and is leaking pretty fast. any idea if the input seal is replaceable or is the whole rack an assembly?

·
Registered
965 Posts
god it's been a while but i think you can just replace the rubber bushing in the in put fitting of the hyrdo ram.... but post this on a Nat. board and you should get an answer

·
Registered
294 Posts
98taco3 said:
got a question... my steering rack started leaking around the input seal and is leaking pretty fast. any idea if the input seal is replaceable or is the whole rack an assembly?
Think I have a set of seals laying around [input- at the steering shaft] Ifn you want them and/or I can round them up. Never done one myself but, doesnt sound like a fun job from what I recall... Thinkin you have to pretty much tear down the entire rack [gear box]. Anywho, give me a shout if you want to dig in and Ill look for the seals

·
Re-Member 9/11
292 Posts
cchark said:
Think I have a set of seals laying around [input- at the steering shaft] Ifn you want them and/or I can round them up. Never done one myself but, doesnt sound like a fun job from what I recall... Thinkin you have to pretty much tear down the entire rack [gear box]. Anywho, give me a shout if you want to dig in and Ill look for the seals
I think I have some magnetic tow lights new in the box laying around.......what up ferker?

·
Registered
294 Posts
nhlbill said:
I think I have some magnetic tow lights new in the box laying around.......what up ferker?
No freakin way!?! I thought for sure you would have found a use for them by now. SOS, just been busy figuring out life and all that fun shizzy :)
Ill shoot you my # incase you dont have it anymore... Lost yours a few cell phone crashes ago. :eek:
How ya been anywho?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats going on chris? long time no see. id apreciate the seals if you had them, tearing it down and redoing it is still cheaper than replacing the whole assmebly. how much would you want for them? ill probably see you down at the swap meet tomorrow if your heading down there...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts