TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guy's this may be a dumb noobie question. I recently did an oil change, when i had the front skid plate offi noticed that there wasn't a steering stabilizer on there. Is a steering stab. something that is just for a sas'd front, or can i adapt one for an IFS??:banghead:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
you can put one on anything.....

however, a steering stabilizer is usually to bandaid crappy steering -- meaning other wearing parts that should be replaced.... if all is in proper working order, there really isnt a need for one, other than possibly slowing down the speed at which a rock snaps the wheel out of your hand

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
x2 jimbo. Shouldn't need one if the rig is properly set up, unless you are running tires larger than 35 inches. Then it helps to have the added control that a steering stabilizer gives you.

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
ive got 34's and may need one (bias ply tires) Should i rebalance with weights or let the tires wear themselves balanced?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,421 Posts
ive got 34's and may need one (bias ply tires) Should i rebalance with weights or let the tires wear themselves balanced?
Bias ply tires suck to balance. You should consider something like Dynabeads or Equal. Lots of members here who run 35s and 37s use the Dynabeads with good results.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Bias ply tires suck to balance. You should consider something like Dynabeads or Equal. Lots of members here who run 35s and 37s use the Dynabeads with good results.
X2 on the dynabeads. They are the only thing that would balance my TSL's

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Brian, everyone alread beat me to my answer, but the dynabeads have worked for me. I have them in my rear tires now and I am running 37's (radials, but swampers) Just been too lazy to put them in the fronts since buying new tires.

Best bet hands down. Don't waste your time with stick on weights. and the stablizer won't be doing much for you with the IFS. Some, just not a lot.

and if you haven't seen it, I did get your email and replied

1 - 8 of 8 Posts