TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put in my body lift today...it came with a steering extension..but when i was jacking up the cab on the drivers side instead of the steering rod pulling out from the bottom it popped out from the top. So i got it off both ends and tapped the extension on. got the top part in and the bottom but for some reason the steering feels somewhat hard to steer. if im driving and turn the wheel one way it will stay that way. Any ideas what might cause it..jammed line on the bottom or top??

thanks again!

·
Registered
518 Posts
YOTABOGGER said:
i just put in my body lift today...it came with a steering extension..but when i was jacking up the cab on the drivers side instead of the steering rod pulling out from the bottom it popped out from the top. So i got it off both ends and tapped the extension on. got the top part in and the bottom but for some reason the steering feels somewhat hard to steer. if im driving and turn the wheel one way it will stay that way. Any ideas what might cause it..jammed line on the bottom or top??

thanks again!
WHen i put my RB 1'' BL with 1" ext, it felt normal like usual? Are you sure you got everything lined up back the same way as before? sHouldnt see much difference.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
You tighten up the keepers on the steering shaft before or after you set it back down on the pucks and tightened it up?
If you had the cab up, tightened down the steering shaft collars, then set it all down I could see the pressure exerted down from "too long" of a steering shaft making it hard.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i tightened everything up after i set the shaft in the bottom. It was real ruff steering at first so i knocked the shaft back upwards and that seemed to release some of the pressure. i guess i just need to wack it a few more times to get it back normal. 3" Body lifts suck putting in by yourself!

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Whay brand of BL did you get? The steering extender in the PA kit is crap and a PIA to put in. My RB kit came with a very nicely made extension that was a simple bolt in.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was a summit racing cheapy. the extension was made out of aluminum or some crap. Shoulda went with the RB setup. But tommorow i'll fool around with it and see if i can relieve some of the pressure.

·
Registered
933 Posts
A hint will be the rubber isolater bushing thing below the extension but above the rack. If it is not perfectly flat then you are putting extra pressure on the rack input. Even 1/4" or less will make a huge difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts