TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My steering wheel is pretty shitty looking and I want something to hold up for longer than 6 months. I've always gotten cheapies from Walmart but want something a little better. Any input? :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
This is the cover I have. I have had it for about a year or so, and its held up pretty good.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Those things annoy the hell out of me. I guess getting a new steering wheel is out of the question.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DentedTacoma said:
Those things annoy the hell out of me. I guess getting a new steering wheel is out of the question.
Yeah, don't want to deal with the airbag :D

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking at leather wraps on ebay, I might go that route for the time being.

·
Registered
398 Posts
generalee7 said:
I was looking at leather wraps on ebay, I might go that route for the time being.
the leather wraps are a good chioce. just make sure you tie it tight so it doesnt un-wrap. that will annoy the hell out of you.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
94runner said:
the leather wraps are a good chioce. just make sure you tie it tight so it doesnt un-wrap. that will annoy the hell out of you.
Even the ones on ebay?

·
Registered
398 Posts
o
i dont know about the ones on ebay. you have a link?

my dad had one from either a pep boys or one of those stores.... or it was from the dealer(dont remember which). you had to weave together the two sides so it formed a sort of glove on the streering wheel. it lasted pretty long and then the knot at the end came lose and it unwrapped.

try looking online for lace-on steering wheel covers :dunno:

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Wheelskins. Get a solid dark color like brown or black. Their light shades don't hold up very well but the dark brown and black seems to last forever. It's real nice leather and has a nice feel to it. I baseball stitched it this time around. If you ask they will give you an extra needle and thread for nada. I also got the solid dark brown this time. If I had gone single color dark the first time instead of the two tone, it would still be on there. Other than the light tan going to shit nothing else was wrong with it.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Here Brian. Here is where I got my new Wheelskins cover recently.

http://amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/10...lias=aps&field-keywords=GoFastParts+Wheelskin

I think it was a month or two ago. At the time they seemed to have the best prices on them at something like $33 for the single color. The correct size code is AXX.
Like I said before I suggest the solid single color and a dark color at that. For my Oak interior I got the brown which is AXX03-brown. If your interior is the gray then you'd want the black one so it would be AXX01-black.

·
Registered
583 Posts
It might be too late for some of you, but for people with newer rides: Dirt and oil is the main reason that steering wheels get dry, torn and funky. The steering wheel will last a whole lot longer if you clean it every month or two, and then apply a light protectant. I use 303 cleaner and then 303 protectant. Wipe off the excess, and let air dry. It won't be greasy or slippery. Nice and smooth. Most people don't realize how nasty their steering wheels are until they clean them.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dick Foster said:
Here Brian. Here is where I got my new Wheelskins cover recently.

http://amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/10...lias=aps&field-keywords=GoFastParts+Wheelskin

I think it was a month or two ago. At the time they seemed to have the best prices on them at something like $33 for the single color. The correct size code is AXX.
Like I said before I suggest the solid single color and a dark color at that. For my Oak interior I got the brown which is AXX03-brown. If your interior is the gray then you'd want the black one so it would be AXX01-black.
I have the oak interior but am not sure about the brown since I have a lot of black in my interior now. Thanks for the link Dick :) Think I might just go with black :D

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
The $10 ones from autozone hold up forever, except for that little string lip sewed thing- but even if the string comes unwound they are so damn tight it won't matter. Good grip, add about a 1/4 or so to the diameter of the wheel- $10.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
If you have an Oak interior I suggest the brown to match with the tan steering wheel. I think the black might look like ass with the tan wheel.
I know, why not spray paint one of your cheap ones that you are going to toss anyway and slip it on temporarily just to have a look.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts