TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 04 Tacoma 4x4, and the steering wheel must be turned slightly (25 degrees) to the left when the truck is going straight. It is just enough to drive me crazy. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it common in Tacomas? The truck does not pull to one side or the other so I dont think it needs alightment done. Is there a fix or something I will have to learn to live with? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
get an alignment

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
yup, steering wheel alignment.

·
Registered
344 Posts
X3, mine was like that after I cranked down the CO's. I believe its the toe of the tire that causes that......is your truck lifted?

·
Registered
76 Posts
get a front end alignment done but also have the shop run the rear out or do a thrust angle alignment both are the same just different terms (they'll know what i mean) to makesure the steering wheel comes out streight and if it's not take it back and have them align it again untill it's right.:)

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Yep, aligning the steering wheel is part of a correct and complete alignment job. Any shop that says "as long as the vehicle drives straight..." is full of shit.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Actually, what I'm inclined to think is someone has been working on the steering, or maybe lifting the body, and has reassembled the rag-joint slip collar one tooth off. Having an alignment monkey try to compensate by adjusting the tie-rods to be unequal may not be the best thing if that's it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.

Seems simple enough. My truck is stock (for now anyway). I am taking it in next week. I appreicate the info... This is a great forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts