TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to get to the head unit so I can hook up the Sub and Amp's Ive purchased.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was told by the Circuit city installer that to get to the stereo unit (I had the IPOD stuff connected) you take off the heater controls and that plate pops out and you get to the system that way???? Good luck.

Blackdog

·
Registered
235 Posts
pop off the plate for the heater/ac controls then you can gain access to 4 10 mm bolts that will allow the Head unit to be pulled out. Be careful when you do this or have a professional if you are not confident.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Mikey05 said:
pop off the plate for the heater/ac controls then you can gain access to 4 10 mm bolts that will allow the Head unit to be pulled out. Be careful when you do this or have a professional if you are not confident.
Yep, thats it. I had to figure that out on my own the other day when I was installing some crap. I thought it popped out like the old school stuff. :shiner:

Its really not that tough once you know what to pull first and how to get it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
PB2theMax
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing