TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver side outside door handle has been getting real sticky lately (98 Tacoma). I sold my 96 Runner to my parents and the door handles on it are real smooth, takes little to no effort to open the door. My Tacoma on the other hand takes quite a bit of effort, actually got stuck a quarter way when I released it today. Anyone have some suggestions on what I can do? Maybe a little WD-40 or do you think the handle is on its way out?

RYan

·
Registered
55 Posts
sticky door handle

SAStoy said:
My driver side outside door handle has been getting real sticky lately (98 Tacoma). I sold my 96 Runner to my parents and the door handles on it are real smooth, takes little to no effort to open the door. My Tacoma on the other hand takes quite a bit of effort, actually got stuck a quarter way when I released it today. Anyone have some suggestions on what I can do? Maybe a little WD-40 or do you think the handle is on its way out?

RYan

Same thing has just started happening on my 01, when I get time I was just going to take the door pannel off and have a look see.I plan on just doing a clean and lub.
Bill

·
Registered
54 Posts
bill said:
Same thing has just started happening on my 01, when I get time I was just going to take the door pannel off and have a look see.I plan on just doing a clean and lub.
Bill
exactly the same thing here on my 01 it almost seems like it is ready to stop working each time i pull on it. i have to pull all the way up to get it to engage. i am gonna check it out here soon too and see whats up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've pulled some Tacoma doors apart doing stereo work. It's pretty flimsy hardware in there. Tightening some of it would probably help. Some WD-40 in the linkages, too. If the rig's ever been in an accident, though there might be some unnoticible twisting of something somewhere, and might be tough to find the source of the problem. Start small and work your way up! Good luck guys.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I sprayed WD40 on the latch part that catches the post and cleaned it up really good. I had a bunch of sand and dirt in there. I smoothed it right out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts