TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around for a while to see if you can fit a 33x12.50 15 on to a stock 7" wheel and i cam across a thread on yotatech saying that some of them were running a 33 12.50 16 on stock 16x7 4runner wheels. I thought a 7" wheel was too narrow but am i wrong? can I fit a 33 12.50 on my wheels or do i need to get a 15x8 or 15x10?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes..........

I run 35x12.50x15's on 8" wheels, You will be fine.

i know it will fit on an 8" but its the 7 that im asking about

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm running them right now and haven't had any troubles. I'm not a crazy wheeler though, so I might start popping beads later on in the game when I get wilder. I would think that it would hold a bead better, but I could be wrong... more pressure pushing outward on the rim. But ShowStop has schooled me more than once, so I'll consider this another lesson learned. :D

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can fit those tires onto a 7" rim and I know a few people around here have done that. One of the problems is the tread wear. You will wear out the center faster since the sidewall is rounded so much. It is also much easier to pop a bead.
thank you.
im not to worried about tread wear due to the fact i wont run this set up for more than a year. and i dont think the mud is going to pop any beads down here in florida

1 - 6 of 6 Posts