TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow the market really took a big shit today. I hope it feels better tomorrow. I don't think it liked what it had to eat Friday.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just be patient and don't go gettin your bowls in an uproar. Patience is how you make money in the stock market. Don't take my word for it ask Warren Buffet. 20-20 hind sight has nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
looks like a good time for me to get started in the market. just wish i had more to invest... not really ready to start.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
A little reality check from Wal-Mart, and the whole apple cart flips over??? Weak-sucks.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is just normal stuff and is how the short term traders, brokerage houses and the financial press survive not to mention the politics.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Dick Foster said:
Please tell me when you will be ready to start. In fact, you're ready now and have been, you are just making choices.
Why, do you have some good advise? something i should be looking into?

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well as a matter of fact yes I do. You should be looking into your future. How's that for advice?
Pick a stock where you understand what their business is and that seems to be well managed and one that has been around for a while. Buy their stock then promptly forget that you own it. (that bit is from Warren Buffet)
Don't go after some long shot, quick burn type of thing unless you're in on the inside and absolutely know what is going on. By inside I mean, like you're best buddies with the CEO, are an employee with some stock options etc. not that you know a stock broker who said that he said and so on or references some bullshit analyst report.
Always remember that no matter what the title on their business card says that brokers are brokers who make their commssions and their living on both sides of the trade no matter if you win or loose. It's always in their interest and it's there game for you to trade not for you to win.
Don't try to get rich quick or be too greedy because you are more likely to go broke very quickly if you do.
Invest don't trade unless you trade full time for a living. There is a difference, learn what the difference is.
If you scare easily, don't buy stocks, buy mutual funds or bonds instead. The equity market is no place for false bravery. The professional sharks feed on those folks and most of all on the greedy.
Above all time, patience and a steely constitution are your best friends.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Someday and when it does it will be quick, just like a toilet flushing. One thing you can be absolutely certain of is that it will. If I knew exactly when, I wouldn't be pissing away my time here, I'd be running the world instead.

·
Registered
129 Posts
that's pretty broad don't you think. any company whether they have physical products or not, will tank 'eventually' in it's history. just the nature of the game.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Dick Foster said:
Well as a matter of fact yes I do. You should be looking into your future. How's that for advice?
Pick a stock where you understand what their business is and that seems to be well managed and one that has been around for a while. Buy their stock then promptly forget that you own it. (that bit is from Warren Buffet)
Don't go after some long shot, quick burn type of thing unless you're in on the inside and absolutely know what is going on. By inside I mean, like you're best buddies with the CEO, are an employee with some stock options etc. not that you know a stock broker who said that he said and so on or references some bullshit analyst report.
Always remember that no matter what the title on their business card says that brokers are brokers who make their commssions and their living on both sides of the trade no matter if you win or loose. It's always in their interest and it's there game for you to trade not for you to win.
Don't try to get rich quick or be too greedy because you are more likely to go broke very quickly if you do.
Invest don't trade unless you trade full time for a living. There is a difference, learn what the difference is.
If you scare easily, don't buy stocks, buy mutual funds or bonds instead. The equity market is no place for false bravery. The professional sharks feed on those folks and most of all on the greedy.
Above all time, patience and a steely constitution are your best friends.

Oh i agree, i thought that maybe you had a hot tip! :D i do realize that i should be putting some money in the stock market and i want to as a long term thing, just right now every last dollar i make right now is going towards paying off debt. i made a few mistakes and am working my ass off to get out of it. i will in the near future (like next summer) be looking into the market and other investments.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I just said in effect not to be looking for the so called "HOT TIP". Just don't go there. That's a suckers game.
Yes, pay off the damn debt first or the interest will eat you alive. And don't do that kinda thing anymore. Hopefully you've learned that lesson. You can play the credit game but only if you are in control i.e. have the means to pay it all off at any time, that is control. In our society you must play the game a little in case you need it for something like buying a house or something but always remain in control. An example would be to use your credit for Christmas shopping then pay it all off in February.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Dick Foster said:
I think I just said in effect not to be looking for the so called "HOT TIP". Just don't go there. That's a suckers game.
Yes, pay off the damn debt first or the interest will eat you alive. And don't do that kinda thing anymore. Hopefully you've learned that lesson. You can play the credit game but only if you are in control i.e. have the means to pay it all off at any time, that is control. In our society you must play the game a little in case you need it for something like buying a house or something but always remain in control. An example would be to use your credit for Christmas shopping then pay it all off in February.

Yea, i was just giving you shit about the hot tip thing. i know better than to fall for that.

I definatly learned my lesson on debt. it was more of i finally got a well paying job and desided to go buy this truck and build it up (always drove junk before that, but at least it was paid for!). should have waited, and not racked up a car payment and credit card debt. my credit is still very good for my age, i just absolutly hate car payments and any credit card debt.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i just read a article today that the stock should hit 200k by 2012, 2019 by the latest. using average growth figures that the company has returned over the years. even the class b shares are moving up in price...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts