TTORA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 33" inplace of my stock spare.just wondering if the stock carrier can stand that extra weight.looks to me that the tire moves alot more than the stocker did.i did bend the bends to make room for the 33,maybe put a spacer there to fill the difference?

·
Registered
718 Posts
i know its not a 33, but i have had a 32 in place of my stock spare for the last six months, no problems.

·
Registered
348 Posts
There are people on this board who have squeezed 35" tires in there with no failures. The winch is quite stout.

·
Registered
779 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
how low is too low dell?(really)and what size? who says you ain't allowed to scrape them thangs on the trail? :D

-Alex

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
Timstoy said:
Hytenor put a 40 in I think but he changed to location of the brackets and beefed up the bar where they are attached with some extra steel.
you are soooo full of shit, LOL

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
A-GUEST said:
how low is too low dell?(really)and what size? who says you ain't allowed to scrape them thangs on the trail? :D

-Alex
bray said:
X2! The depature angle just sux!
Yep ^^^
Anything that hangs lower then the rear bumper... The forward edge of the tire is fine... it's the trailing edge that blows...

I scrape and bang plenty of things... But...
it reallys sux when you cut a tire down and go to put on the spare and find out you cut the sidewall on that as well... think ;)

Now a 33/1050 don't hang too low...

But my 285 does... as well as the 1250 I'm sure...

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
A-GUEST said:
so hytenor (chris?) you don't have a 40 spare underneath? sad day
just the new 35. I welded in some 3/16" plate to the upper xmember to stiffen things up and re-spaced the brackets to better center the tire between the springs. so far...so good.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
A-GUEST said:
awesome.. you going to Andy's saturday?.. I want to check it out..

-Alex
can't...start back to work on Tue.

·
Registered
779 Posts
damn, I will get to see it sooner or later..hell, you have seen my rig.. :D oh and what time did u see it at, cuz it was there till 3AM friday that week...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts