TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive searched as much as possible for a solid answer. My question is i just installed my toytec 3 inch lift and want to put the largest tire i can get on my trd off-road wheels... Ive heard 285/75/16's and will go with these if anyone else can back me up on this...

·
Registered
45 Posts
What does a 265/75/16 measure out to in inches? I'm planning a 3" SAW/Deaver lift in the near future and want to run the biggest tires possible without any spacers or a body lift. Anything to get me off the "Easy" trails at AZROCKS '08!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Learn to use the search function :newbie:

:lmao: Seriously though, take a look here & figure it out yourself

Fesko said:
What does a 265/75/16 measure out to in inches? I'm planning a 3" SAW/Deaver lift in the near future and want to run the biggest tires possible without any spacers or a body lift. Anything to get me off the "Easy" trails at AZROCKS '08!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Fesko said:
Just measured out my tire and they are approx 31" X 10.5" with the truck on the ground. That would be approx 32" X 10.5 jacked up. Everything on my rig is stock so far.

·
Registered
625 Posts
265/75-16 = approx. 32x10

285/75-16 = approx. 33x11.5

265's fit on a stock taco, 285's fit with approx. 3" lift and the backspacing to accommodate

·
Registered
717 Posts
the stock rim is only 7" wide, and according to BFG their all terrain T/A KO will not fit on that rim width. Bfg says that you need at least a 7.5" rim for a 285/75R16. now you can probably find someone that will install it on the rim for ya, so it is really up to you if you want to get that tire size or not.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/specs/all-terrain-t-a-ko/44.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well crap, well heres the thing... I put the lift on, but dont have the money for the wheels i want or else i wouldnt have a problem mouting 275's... So for some reason i thought they would fit stork trd-or wheels, then when i got the wheels i couldve just slapped them on there. My tires need replaced bad so i cant wait any longer... Anybody have pictures of 05+ taco with 265/75/16's on stock trd wheels? I just dont want a huge gap... Thanks for the help btw.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
you can fit a 285/75 BFG A/T on a stock rim and not rub the UCA. There is like 1/8" of clearance..but they fit. I wouldn't be so confident with a mud terrain.

·
Registered
57 Posts
A 285/75/16 BFG AT will fit on your stock rims with stock backspacing. I have them mounted on my truck. They rubbed the upper a-arm on full turn when compressed but not always. That was at 2.5 inches of lift. I added another 0.5 to the donahoes (total = 3in) and they no longer rub the a-arm, though they are much closer, but instead rub the frame on full turn.
I noticed you mention something about an 2005 Tacoma so this may not apply to you at all. Maybe it will help for future searches, though.

The 285/75/16 measures 32.8x11.2.
The 255/85/16 measures 33.1x10.
There are numerous metric tire convertors to be found on the web. 4lo.com is a popular one.

If you don't mind rubbing, go with a 285 on stockers. To eliminate rubbing in that size, increase your offset with a aftermarket tire or spacers.
Otherwise go with the 255 and you shouldn't have any rubbing at all.
Other than than, buy an aftermarket 15" wheel and run 33x10.5. Many people suggest doing this as you can get a more pliable lower load range tire which will run alot smoother than a metric D tire and will be considerably cheaper. In fact, by the time you consider the coast of 285 D tires compared to a 33" C tire, you've come close to paying for a pair of black steelies to mount them on.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I run 285/75R16s with BFG ATs on stock wheels on 2006 Tacoma. I also run Marlin Crawler 1" wheel spacers. I was not a fan of spacers till I called Demello and he suggested Marlin Crawlers. If they are good enough for his trucks then thats good enough for me.

BTW Beware of cheap locally made spacers those can and will crack

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I run 285/75R16s with BFG ATs on stock wheels on 2006 Tacoma. I also run Marlin Crawler 1" wheel spacers. I was not a fan of spacers till I called Demello and he suggested Marlin Crawlers. If they are good enough for his trucks then thats good enough for me.

BTW Beware of cheap locally made spacers those can and will crack
Well sorry didnt update, but i got the 285's mounted 2 weeks ago. They do rub while turning hard and when compressed alot. Its a cooper tire, coundnt name it off the top of my head though. I think im going to order some of these spacers to resolve my issues. Thanks for the help everyone, after i wash it tmo i will post up some pics :)

C

·
0 Posts
Anyone reading this thread regarding 285/75/16s on an 05+ Tacoma with stock rims on a 2.5"-3" lift needs to see my thread here:

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60168

I ran 285/75/16 for 40,000 miles. Did a lot of wheeling. They are great tires, but have a lot of rub on the frame and UCA. The 255/85/16 tires I am running now are as tall as the 285s but narrower and do not have the same rubbing problems on stock rims as the 285's do.

They are a lot less $$ than the 285's. IMO a better tire.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts