TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got started on my first Toyota project with Matt from Stoffregen Motorsports.

Stock 06 Toyota Taco Double Cab with a 4.0 V6 and TRD package.

Rig is intended for 70-80% road and 20% or so for off road (Rubicon, Fordyce, Dusty Ershim)and snow runs.

What we are doing -

Three link front with Rubicon coils
Dana 60 with 4.88's and ARB's, high steer, etc.
63" Chevy Leafs in rear
Sterling 10.25 FF with 4:88's and ARB
37" BFG Krawlers
Still deciding on PS box - have 2 . 79 Ford F150 box and 92ish IFS Box.

Bunch of tube work.

We are using the stock fenders and doing some custom mod's for the bed. Yes, the fenders will be cut but they will be nice.

I hope to do an Atlas in the future but this is where the project will start.

Here we go:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
where in norcal are u?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Looks like you've got some parts to sell. I'll take some!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
only 37's with a D60?? look forward to seeing it. seems like we are starting to come out of the woodwork to SAS the newer trucks....i like

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
johnecon2001 - Yep have lots of parts, all are for sale.

sasaholic - where in norcal are u? - El Dorado

06silverbac - only 37's with a D60?? - Yep, since it will spend a majority of its time on the road and I have the one tons from an old build.

SilverSeven - Thanks I wil look into photobucket.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
what size coilovers are you running?

what are you shooting for ride height?

cant wait to see what you do with your fenders, I am going to cut mine too, but the lines just aren't as accepting as the older tacos.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We arn't using coilovers but Rubicon Coil springs. I need to check theie rates and then I will try to get ahold of a couple sets to test.

Ride height - low. We are shooting to run the D60 within 3-4 inches of the oil pan. That gives me 2" for a air bump or other stopping device. I am researching air bumps, bump stops , etc.

It will also depend on how the springs compress under load and what their ride height is in a Toy vs a Jeep.

We will see.

Matt the guy doing the fab is really good with sheet metal and I am looking forward to see how we tie the fenders and the front bumper together.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
what is your planned rubber to rubber total width? anything over 82" and you will have a very tough time on Dusy or most of the other Shaver Lk area trails.

I assume you've checked out the other '05+ SAS builds so you know what works and what doesn't ;) I don't believe anyone has tried a coil/shock setup yet...just coilovers...and big ones :p

good to see another '05 getting swapped :D

and good luck on trails with 60s and 37s :p Even 38s are pushing it...boat anchors...
Wyatt (Awsumdc)can DD his '05 if he wants to and he runs 40s.
Get with him if you haven't already...you'll need to.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I returned pms today. Sorry about not continuing the thread but having a hard time posting pics with the limits TTORA has. Is there a way to be able to just post pics without using another service to do it?

Thanks FT <><

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I returned pms today. Sorry about not continuing the thread but having a hard time posting pics with the limits TTORA has. Is there a way to be able to just post pics without using another service to do it?

Thanks FT <><
Use photobucket and copy paste the IMG code for the photo.

1 - 20 of 303 Posts