TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not mine but my buddies 4runner got its cat jacked.. I HATE THEIVES!!

So I was just wondering if anyone has a used cat? Or how well do aftermarket cats work? I kno with hondas can be picky and we only use oem.. Are yotas that fussy? Any input would help, ive serched a few threads, just want to know what u think

·
20,355 Posts
I havent heard of anyone having issues with the aftermarket ones, but I also dont know many people who have had to replace their cats.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Jay has a high flow cat on his and so far so good. I might have a used tacoma cat getting dropped off in a few days/a week but IDK how great it will be. IF it were me id buy a new aftermarket one.

What i wanna know is how people dont notice this shit. I hear anything that goes bump in the night on the garage side of the house. Doors whatever and im a deep sleeper. Are they cutting them with a tortch? Sawsall? Most of the time the bolts are so rusted you cant unbolt them.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I use a magnaflow high flow, 49 state in my "97 t100" and have no issues with codes. I pass emissions easy. What year 4runner?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea he went and orderd the.magna flow cat.. Its a 3rd gen runner

Id like to think I would hear someone messn with it.. But they unbolted the rear of cat and must of used a hack saw? Cause sawzaw would be crazy noisie.
Thanks for the info guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts