TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like your help locating this guy and my trailer so I can talk to him about stealing my trailer last night.

If anyone knows how I can contact the owner of this truck, I would kindly appreciate it.

I think this is him casing the place earlier that day.

If anyone sees this truck around the Del Valle/ Austin Airport area, please get me a tag number.

Thanks all, from Austin Texas.
Ethan

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it was on the street. Locked up with a tongue lock and security cable through 2 wheels and around the frame. Its just out of the picture to the right in the second pic. He's on the wrong side of the road looking at the front of it. Definitely took his time to figure out what he needed when he came back to get it. If anyone sees the truck, please get me a tag number, none of the angles from my neighbor's cameras have it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, sucks balls. I did wind up getting a security camera system for the house because of this. Now I'm just waiting to find that truck. The cops have been no help at all. I've tried to give them copies of the video but can't seem to get in touch with anyone working the case and they don't want return calls. I feel sorry for the guy if I find where he's at, friends have already told me they will take care of him for me to keep me out of trouble. I'm sure they won't be very nice.

The biggest thing is I can't find a replacement for it anywhere near what I paid for it new. 20 ft HD lowboys are like gold I guess I only gave $2200 for the thing brand new, now there wanting $3500 + for something less. I'm debating on putting a gooseneck or 5th wheel hitch in the big truck and getting a 25' with a dove tail. I know it would haul better and more. Now that the Chevy is getting a 454 in it, I shouldn't have any issues hauling anything I want, not that I did with the 402 but more cubes is more cubes.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
That totally sucks
I thought those tongue locks worked well
They do until someone attacks it with a battery angle grinder.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Man that sucks...hope you find it. Have you posted on other sites?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, its posted on a few forums and such. I'm not holding my breath on getting it back. I'm hoping my new security cameras will catch him returning to the seen of the crime and get a plate off it then. Till then, just keeping my eyes peeled for trucks like it to get plate numbers. There sure are a lot of maroon on brown Fords out there. Prolly gonna get a crawler hauler type of gooseneck next or build my own. Think I'm going to just utilize my buddy at Sunbelt for free/cheap trailer rentals until then. Really sucks though now that all my crap is running right and I've got no trailer to haul it with. Not that it matters right now, back at work anyway then off on vacation in Sept.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still looking for this guy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
speedemon55
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing