TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to stay off the flamer radar...do i need a coilspring compressor to remove/add front shocks on my '06 taco? never attempted anything like this before. i'm putting on biltein adjustables. i know you need one for a spacer lift, but i'm goin in blind on this one...not much info on this setup yet.

thanks

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Pretty sure you do cuz you'll need to take the spring off the current shock and put it on the new one.

You can borrow spring compressors from AutoZone, etc.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Yes, you do. Also, I bought one of the same coil spring compressors from auto zone that you can rent from them, and ended up taking it back because the fingers would not fit between the coils, so I could not use it on my coils. Different stores may have different types of spring compressors to rent, but I doubt it. Easiest thing is to take the coils out and find a shop (Midas, etc.) that will change the shocks for you. There is a place in Reynoldsburg that did mine for $25. Also, harbor freight has a hydraulic spring compressor for around $80, but I've never used it so I don't know how well it works. If you do it yourself, just BE CAREFUL. If a compressed spring gets loose its a really messy way to lose a hand (or worse).

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. there's a spring shop here locally that i think i'll have change em'.:kewl:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts