TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thoughts on how the straight pipes sound?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jester_motorsports said:
Damn, I had this horrible flashback of The Fast and the Furious.

By the way, they just called and they want their exhaust back.
lol

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
mudferret said:
Like ass. If you like straight pipes buy a full size, lift it 14" and move to the country.
Hell, I grew up in the country and we didn't even do that gay shit there. I'd say it must be some kind of Florida thing, but I don't wanna slam everyone in Florida just because of this guy. :supergay:

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is a buddy of mines 2000 taco (and this is from when i was in GA for christmas). After hearing ya'lls thoughts i'm leaning towards a Gibson.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jester_motorsports said:
BTW, shouldn't you be in school? :rolleyes:

BTW shouldnt you have a job? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
In all seriousness, it is not the sound I would want out of my truck, but I wouldn't say it is as bad as the "fast and the furious"

If you have ever been to a rock crawling competition, you will have that similar exhaust sound out of many of the v6 and 4 cylinder vehicles. But then again, rock crawling and street driving are worlds apart.

If you like it, then it is great. if you rely on what everyone around you thinks then you will probably be disappointed.

Reminds me of what I told my teen age son last week, when he was building a 1/24 scale model (of the 82 indy pace car vette) "building your models is the same thing as building or modifying a full size car. You can't worry about what someone else is going to think about your decisions. If you like what you decided to do then that is all that matters. You can't live your life worrying about what everyone else thinks"

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Muddin taco2131 said:
BTW shouldnt you have a job? :rolleyes:
Yep, I should. Too bad I was laid off work a week and a half ago. Welcome to the real world boy. Jobs come and go with no fault of our own at times. Not much you can do about it. You'll learn someday when you grow up and become a man. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i refuse to keep trashing...yet another thread with this immature BS.

It makes me wonder which one is 16.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Muddin taco2131 said:
i refuse to keep trashing...yet another thread with this immature BS.

It makes me wonder which one is 16.
No need to wonder....it's you. I wasn't born in 1990. Geez, you need to get back to math class.

And yes, I realize that it's 2007. I was just banking on the fact that you haven't had your birthday yet this year.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
**keep in mind that I am not taking any sides on any of these matters.**

Hey Josh,lately it seems you have made it your personal quest to bash this kid.

So he has rubbed you the wrong way. I understand that, but it isn't helping the board any for you to go around bashing him every chance you get.

I think everyone understands your feelings. just put him on your ignore list if his existence bothers you so much! I know I am sure glad that some of the "older" timers around here didn't treat me as you have been treating him, when I was new and asking all my questions. Last I checked there was still enough room on this planet for all of us TTORA bretheran (sp?)

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Berry,
I'll simply refer you to this thread: http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?p=705700#post705700

specifically, posts #45, 49, and 50 for just a SMALL example of why this kid needs to do more reading and less posting for awhile. Keep in mind, this is just a SMALL example. He posts crap all over the place. He's been everyone from coil spacers to drop brackets to coilovers to SAS and back. He makes recommendations on stuff that he clearly has NO CLUE what he's talking about. Refer again to post 49 in the link above. Some people, especially other newbies, may not know that he's a 16 year old that's talking out of his ass. I keep trying to explain this to him but he doesn't want to listen or learn. I've tried referring him to Phil (NorcalPR) as someone to attempt to learn from or whatever, but he's not interested. He'd just rather throw useless crap posts around all day long. It's nice that you've taken him under your wing but now, as his mentor, you really need to talk with him about how to proceed.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Josh, if I talk to him, would you agree to take a step back or two? I am just trying to recapture some of the old harmony we used to have on the board.

I agree if someone does not have the expertise they should not be offering advice. But on the same token, if one member follows another all over the board, the follower begins looking as bad as the offending member. I think everyone has contributing values regardless if you are 12 years old or 90 year old (sorry Dick didn't mean to call your age out publicly.LOL)

It all begins to look like two school yard kids scrabling over marbles.

In regards to Muddin taco (or whatever his screen name is) being all over the boards, I didn't realize we had boundries. should you not be allowed in the SAS folders if you do not have a solid axle? should I not be allowed in the desert runners because I don't have long travel?

I don't think I am making my point here, hopefully you understand what I am trying to say.

could this "newbie" use better edicate? sure, but show me a newbie that knows everything immediately? Is this kid 16? he says he is. so I have to believe that, but I also have to treat him with respect while I redirect his actions. That is just civility.

All I am saying Josh, is everyone understand how you feel towards him, and maybe it is time to lighten up some. You can choose to do so, or just ignore me. It really isn't bothering me either way. Just trying to lend a hand to the board where I see a need.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
=ACID RAIN= said:
There's alot of that on this board. There is actually more flaming on this site than I have ever seen, and I've been visiting tech boards since 2000. Personally I think the ranks need an overhaul in some sense for that reason, but I've only been here a little while and my opinion isn't going to matter much, especially when it means that old timers would be told to shape up or ship out. Flaming gets old, and reading it for years gets old too.
what you mention is what I consider growing pains. the club is popular which is going to attract more and more people with as much diversity.

I have been on the TTORA boards since late '99 myself. I have seem some really large "flame fest" and I have seem a lot of petty actions. It is to me one of those "you have to take the good with the bad" type of things. As long as I act maturely and respectfully, that is all I can do. If I worry about everyone else, my hair would be much grayer and I would probably be locked away in a padded room!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
My simple question, not saying anything, is how does muddin taco at 16 have those vehicles in his sig? I am actually just wondering, I am guessing you just got your liscence this year?

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
ha ha, I am guessing that maybe they are "family owned" if they are not his personal vehicles. I am not a "body guard" nor know many on this board personally. so I can not claim to know everything.

With that being said, I did ask Muddin Taco for proof of those vehicles…I have to take what he sent me as proof. at worse case…he does have access to them, as he photographed personal messages on the vehicles using my screen name.

Again, I am not defending anyone, just trying to calm the mood down a bit on the board.

I know when I was a kid, what my mom owned, I claimed as my own as well.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
About this Discussion
55 Replies
20 Participants
purity
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing