TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back from the Strawberry snow run! (yes, just enough snow to make it interesting at times!) Had a lot of fun despite not being able to keep a bead on my front tire. Also left my usual paint sacrafice to the Rock again.

Picts are here: http://www.cherokeespirit.com/toy/strawberry12-2-06/ and Mike, they should be good for uploading to the NorCal gallery!

Thanks everyone for all the help and making it a good time as always!

·
Registered
398 Posts
looks like fun..... how much snow was there? a foot?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
There's a reason it's called the BEST CAMPSITE EVER!!

And...I didn't get any carnage!! Woohoo!

What a fun weekend. Pics in a couple...

·
Registered
136 Posts
DirtTaco said:
And...I didn't get any carnage!! Woohoo!
Me either! Wohoo! (haven't check up on the drive train/suspension yet)

Will be posting up some of my old roommate's pictures in a little bit.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Yeah, had fun too. As usual fucked stuff up, but I'm getting used to it.
I think I remember Allpro having a lifetime warranty on that steering stuff... I hope so. Pass steering arm definately twisted up, pitman is twisted some and steering stop is almost broken off the knuckle- think the knuckle might have gotten cracked right there since it had some grease oozing out of it... toed out pretty good but hopefully can get that back in with the tie rod until I can get it fixed. Good thing the holidays are coming up. This things fixing to get parked for a while.
Oh, and umm... don't try to follow and keep up with Adam in the snow, especially when you forgot you put your shit in 2WD for some reason. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Oh, and for the record I told Miguel about a hundred times to get out of the way BEFORE I started... too bad nobody got video of him running for his life :D Needed momentum to slide around the other rock on that hill.
And for anybody that hasn't heard this a thousand times already- the chains are awesome, make it pretty pleasant even with the autolockers. But I broke two of them too... easier to fix than the other crap.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
banThis said:
Oh, and for the record I told Miguel about a hundred times to get out of the way BEFORE I started... too bad nobody got video of him running for his life :D
I thought I was out of the way but I completely forgot you couldn't stop! Haha...wheel and die I guess? :dunno:

~Miguel

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
banThis said:
What happened, you get to the G and Rob started playing with it or something?
You joking? I'm surprised I had enough in me to even finish the G. Peeing in the snow is the careful art of pinching off and restarting. Painful, yet worth the every golden character.

~Miguel

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Yes yes that was hella fun trip I don't have many pics bats died....sorry....but to add to the fun I got to use the sliders and broke the 4 bolts on the flang of the ft drive line...... also I heard that someone smoked a tranny!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Had a great trip! Sorry for getting to the trailhead late, we had to wrench on a rig for awhile in Cameron Park to get it running again.

After seeing the snow at the trailhead, I was suprised that we were able to get all the way to the top a few thousand feet higher!

Hope you happy campers didn't freeze too much, it was about 102* in my hotel room jacuzzi. :p

Good times as always, and my truck (with a new driver) finally got to use something besides lo-lo on the trail! :D

Later,
....Mike

1 - 20 of 250 Posts