TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is my first post so let me start off by saying hello. I am putting a lockrite locker in the rear diff of my 99 tacoma. When I was taking the ring gear off I noticed that there was locktite all over every bolt, and one of the bolts is stripped. Does anyone know where I could possibly get another one in nor cal besides a dealer. The dealers I have called said they have to order it and it wont be in until tuesday. I would like to get it back together today if possible, any help would be appriciated. thanks

Alan

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
If you could get a grade 8 bolt in the same size, I would just do that. They're just bolts, nothing special. Go to a real hardware store. I think it may be grade 10.8 for metric bolts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only problem is that it has a flange and a very flat head on it. Not something I have ever seen before.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
AlanW83 said:
Well, this is my first post so let me start off by saying hello. I am putting a lockrite locker in the rear diff of my 99 tacoma. When I was taking the ring gear off I noticed that there was locktite all over every bolt, and one of the bolts is stripped. Does anyone know where I could possibly get another one in nor cal besides a dealer. The dealers I have called said they have to order it and it wont be in until tuesday. I would like to get it back together today if possible, any help would be appriciated. thanks

Alan
when you do a regear it is advised to replace those bolts anyway. most master install kits come with new bolts.

I seriously doubt you'll find any locally.

try calling PORC and see if they have some extras.

also, try Inchworm in Shingle Springs...I know Clint has a box of them ;)

oh, and they are supposed to have RED locktite on them.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Agree on the good loctite the factory uses! :)
Those fine thread flange bolts are hard to find.
Did you round the head off or actually damage the threads?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just the threads on one bolt. The threads on the ring gear look fine, but the bolt is toast.
Alan

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
AlanW83 said:
Just the threads on one bolt. The threads on the ring gear look fine, but the bolt is toast.
Alan
that is completely normal and why most install kits include the bolts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts