TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tinted my lights a while back, and got a ticket for it the other day. Its painted on using high quality car paint. Anybody have any ideas on how to get it off. A buddy of mine said he thought that paint thinner and the likes would deform the plastic. I have no idea and would prefer to not buy new headlights and tail lights, anybody have any experience or ideas.
Thanks, Tyler.

·
Premium Member
3,082 Posts
i blacked out my brake lights in my tacoma. i didn't got so dark where you couldn't see the reflectors, and i upgraded my bulbs.
i got pulled over ALL the time, so i carried a copy of the laws in texas about rear reflectors- got me out of every ticket the cop wanted to give me for them.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea if you shine light on mine they reflect red and they light up totally red. I don't usually get a ticket when I get pulled over because I argue the laws and they know I'm right but, my mom happened to be borrowing my truck for the day and she got it. Its not a normal law either, its a fix it ticket for modifying oem equipment, which I clearly did even though it still qualifies as legal, it says you can't modify them. Its a joke of a ticket, I'm sure the cop thought he was going to pull some kid over and get him for pot or something and got my mom. I know none of the cops around here will sign it over either, the ones in my town are total dicks.

·
Registered
401 Posts
ahh... just swap with some guy on craigslist (+cash his side) and paint the inside of the housing black. thats what i did to mine. lens looks darker, but thats about it. still lights up perfectly fine.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what I been trying to do but my 2 friends that have tacomas are away at school, I gotta start looking harder. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts