TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried posting this last night and did not get any hits, I hope someone has some ideas. I want to get more power out of the power steering unit on my 01 IFS Tacoma. I am running 35’s on the trails and when the wheels get pulled in one direction by a rock, I have no control. I can’t turn the wheel at all and just have to go for the ride. Is there any way to get more power out of the unit I have or does anyone make stronger units. Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
All of the parts of your steering system work together which means they need to be upgraded as a whole. If you just add a bigger pump, you will probably explode tie rods and/or sheer the pinion. You would have to go through your entire system and upgrade everything. That is a lot of meat to turn in the rocks. Take a look at what guys add to a SAS when they do hydro assist. Your stocdk system is nowhere near that capable. I have not seen here where guys were able to economically upgrade their steering system from stock. I could be wrong, but the only real fix that I know of is called the SAS mod!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts