TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
It just not pratical for an off road truck. Maybe a S runner.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You can't see crap on that video for the one that says turbo view or whatever. he walks around the truck then there is like 4 second of him looking at the turbo and the screen is mostly black.

apparently someone needs to learn the basics of how the hell to shoot video!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
If they can't work a camera right, can they really tune a turbo system right lol

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that they had to change the filter sock after those little runs on the beach. It just doesn't make sense for something to be sucking in air underneath a truck that is in the mud. I emailed them a while back and they said that they were working on an extension tube to mount the intake tube for the turbo somewhere else, but that would just cause more turbo lag, right?

·
Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts
drinkintedbr said:
I'd be willing to bet that they had to change the filter sock after those little runs on the beach. It just doesn't make sense for something to be sucking in air underneath a truck that is in the mud. I emailed them a while back and they said that they were working on an extension tube to mount the intake tube for the turbo somewhere else, but that would just cause more turbo lag, right?
i doubt it... turbo lag is a result of having to wait for the spool to wind up (spin up) not the rate of the "air sucking" :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
drinkintedbr said:
If they used the right sized turbo they could pressurize all that charge pipe very quickly. It will come at the expense of efficiency at higher rpms though. The intake won't have much effect on the turbo unless it is ridiculously too small which I doubt they would do.

I think it's cool there's a turbo kit out there for the Tacoma but since the majority of people on Tacoma Territory spend time off road I don't think it will ever be too popular here.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They said something about a snorkel kit and the fender or something. I highly doubt that the turbo would have survived with that crappy cone filter bolted to the turbo crap that I originally saw. Who knows....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts