TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you guys breaking more long or stubbs? I was just wondering cause I can tell ya where you can get a deal on some D44 4330 alloy stub shafts. If your intersted PM me for info.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
generalee7 said:
You have a PM, can you get full sets (inners and outers)??
I just got a set of the Yukons from PORC. $309 shipped. I'm going to run them with the Bobby Long super joints $80/each.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Mike said:
I just got a set of the Yukons from PORC. $309 shipped. I'm going to run them with the Bobby Long super joints $80/each.

Later,
....Mike
Mike,

is the cap the same as far as thickness? thats what i usually see break with the 760's is just the caps, that is when running full circle clips. if you havent put them in and have a reg. x760 joint around can ya snap a pic of the caps side by side?

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
zszac111 said:
Mike,

is the cap the same as far as thickness? thats what i usually see break with the 760's is just the caps, that is when running full circle clips. if you havent put them in and have a reg. x760 joint around can ya snap a pic of the caps side by side?
I can snap some pics, but I am pretty sure the Superjoints are just 760 joints cryo treated. The needle bearings are replaced by bushings also.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
i just got done re reading the description, hopefully since they treated the caps they will stay together, the joints are plenty strong, if you can keep the caps in, if you have chromos's then full circles help but the cap will break and still spit the damn cap and if you dont run full circles, well you know what happens then :explode: im just looking for something for my riding buddies (Im tired of replacing freaking ujoints in 25* weather here reciently) and also and alternative for when i have to rebuild my ctm's if i just dont buy new ones.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Mike said:

Later,
....Mike
Thanks Mike! Once I get some more cash I think I may break down for those. Better than stock shafts!

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
STOMPER said:
Are you guys breaking more long or stubbs? I was just wondering cause I can tell ya where you can get a deal on some D44 4330 alloy stub shafts. If your intersted PM me for info.
Who got you the hook up? I bet it's the same person I know that hooking me up with the waggy axle.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ted Holt, Is that who is hooking you up?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
oztaco said:
hey mike who makes the best shaft? there is so many company out there is hard to know who sells the best for the $$$?? yukon, superior, moser? etc.
Thanks.
Oz.
I'm not mike but I will answer that for you.
Best shaft: Superior
Best shaft for the Money: Yukon

If you need the strongest shit hands down you want superiors and ctm's. But for the price and strengh running long ujoints and yukon shafts is a hell of a deal. That whole set up will cost less than the price of just the superior shafts by over $100. CTM's and superiors will run you about $1000. Longs and Yukons are under $500.
So you could have 2 sets of the long yukon combo for the price of ctm's and superiors. How much differnce in strength, I dunno?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
PappaF2 said:
I'm not mike but I will answer that for you.
Best shaft: Superior
Best shaft for the Money: Yukon

If you need the strongest shit hands down you want superiors and ctm's. But for the price and strengh running long ujoints and yukon shafts is a hell of a deal. That whole set up will cost less than the price of just the superior shafts by over $100. CTM's and superiors will run you about $1000. Longs and Yukons are under $500.
So you could have 2 sets of the long yukon combo for the price of ctm's and superiors. How much differnce in strength, I dunno?
i know for my app. superior chromo's not the evo series were something like 415 per side, so 830 + 380 for the CTM's. my buddie runs the yukons with regular 760x joints on 38.5x16x15's and had gave it hell for the past year, he has broke quite a few joints they never even scared the shafts. i went with mosers just becuase i could get them custom made and to me the next day.(day before a huge ride) i think total for mine was around 1050 bucks for front shafts and ctms

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
ya superiors are very pricey. I had heard of some people getting both inners and outers before for about $615 or so but it seems most of the time it's more expensive than that. It's nice that Mosers new shaft is burly as their last ones were not. Are you pretty happy with yours?
Good to hear about the yukons too, a nice cheap alternative.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
oztaco said:
hey mike who makes the best shaft? there is so many company out there is hard to know who sells the best for the $$$?? yukon, superior, moser? etc.
Thanks.
Oz.
What Todd said.

I wheel lots of hard trails, but I'm not hard on my truck if that makes any sense. I got a lot of trail miles out of my stock junkyard shafts before they exploded. I figure for the price and what I do with my truck, the Yukons should be fine.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
yeah they have about 10 hard runs on them with the 39.5's, 5500 rpms in 3rd gear trying to get traction on the wet muddy rocks and no problem yet, just grabs and throws my truck into tree's :) , i pulled them when i fixed my detroit and all the splines still look perfect. but its the same with my buddies yukons after a year with multiple u-joint failures his ears still look brand new and feel brand new when putting new joints in as far as tightness.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts