TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we won our football game tonight against arapahoe in double ovetime so when I got back to school (Regis) I decided I would celebrate by driving through this drainage pond by our school. And as these things usually go I underestimated how deep it actually was. And yes for the record I am a dumbass . So that is where my 4runner sits now in about a foot or two of water. :( I tried recovering it but my friend almost slid in with me and I am too tired to deal with it right now. So I am sending out an SOS if anyone could help me. I am willing to pay anyone who could help, I just dont feel like paying a tow truck driver. My truck is approximately at Parker and Arapaho road. If you could lend me a hand that would be awesome! My number is 720 three six five 2487.
Thanks

·
Registered
821 Posts
Damn. Right after I say I can help, too. If my truck weren't undrivable I'd be there. Can a BMW 325i pull it out?:eek:

Edit: If you're still stuck in the am post up cuz I might be able to find a truck to pull you out around 10 or 11 am.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn. Right after I say I can help, too. If my truck weren't undrivable I'd be there. Can a BMW 325i pull it out?:eek:

Edit: If you're still stuck in the am post up cuz I might be able to find a truck to pull you out around 10 or 11 am.
Hey I appreciate the offer and I might take you up on it. I'm waiting to hear back from a friend. But if he doesn't call me back here soon I may be calling on you. I have class from 9 to 12 this morning but I can bail on it if someone can help get me out.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
If I were closer and had a winch or dual cases, I would offer help, but your a ways away, and I am not sure if I could get you out...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dam our AAA membership isn't good for my truck. If anyone is in the area and could help give me a call I'm leaving for class and wont have access to a computer. 720 three six five 2487

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sent a text message, but I'm in the Springs...

Edit:
I just got a response that he was able to get it out. A friend helped him this morning. Took about an hour.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just an FYI, but after sitting in water overnight I'd definitely change my gear lube and pack the bearings before driving it much at all.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an FYI, but after sitting in water overnight I'd definitely change my gear lube and pack the bearings before driving it much at all.
Thanks for everybody's help I was able to get it out although it did take a while. I have a couple questions. What kind of gear oil do you recommend? Should i change both my transfer case and transmission fluid? Do i need to worry about changing my differential oil? And on a scale of one to ten how hard is it to repack the bearings?

Edit: By the way I think Im going to invest in a winch

·
Registered
15,034 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Unless the water was up to the level of the t-case and tranny I wouldn't worry too much. Although, with what Troy was saying, if you don't know the last time they were changed it might be worth it. I was specifically talking about the axles. I think they use GL-5 if I remember correctly. Most manuals would show the type.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How deep was it?

Do you have extended diff breathers?

Bearings are easy, and if you don't know when they were packed last, it could stand to be done anyways (same with the fluid changes)
http://www.off-road.com/trucks4x4/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=186138
It was hard to tell. The left side of my car the hubs were just above the water and I think my right side sank in further so it was kind of deceiving. I went ahead and changed the transmission and trans case cause i dont know how long ago that was done.

There is a breather in the rear.

Unless the water was up to the level of the t-case and tranny I wouldn't worry too much. Although, with what Troy was saying, if you don't know the last time they were changed it might be worth it. I was specifically talking about the axles. I think they use GL-5 if I remember correctly. Most manuals would show the type.
My next plan is to do the axle. This will prob seem like a newb question but the only way to fill it up is from the diff case right?

·
Registered
15,034 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
My experience with AAA; the tow drivers who show up don't care who the card is issued to, or what vehicles. They get reimbursed from AAA no matter what as long as the account is valid.

·
Registered
724 Posts
my experience with aaa; the tow drivers who show up don't care who the card is issued to, or what vehicles. They get reimbursed from aaa no matter what as long as the account is valid.
x2

1 - 20 of 20 Posts