TTORA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
think im stressing too much over this install.

right side goes in front, right?

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
make sure to add some bump stop to those if you wheel it alot - they'll end up bending if you don't, they go to far neg with stock bump stops.

think im stressing too much over this install.

right side goes in front, right?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet deal thanks guys... i have the chubby bumps.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Make sure you don't make the same mistake as some in the past and keep a heavy constant load in your bed. You may be OK with the 10 pack, but I know some guys here that have had some problems with premature sagging with the 8 pack. Are you planning on keeping your stock overload leaf?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got one side on in under an hour, but i cant seem to find the torque specs for the ubolts and leaf spring hangers... ill love you guys forever if u find them. ;] may even get a beer out of it, lol.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
I always torque u-bolts to 90Ft/lbs. Same for spring hangers. I could be a bit off though! For my 85... it works fine. They never have a chance to loosen up. I'm always changing things!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Since you have extended hoes I will assume its a 95-04... but FYI the tq specs on a 05+ is only 37 ft/lbs... but on my 92 it was 108 ft/lbs. Cant find hanger specs on the 05+, but IIRC it was 68 on the 92. Just some ideas... sorry nothing specific.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry, should have put better specs up... 05 tacoma. deaver 10pack. the front hanger was fuckign tight. ill torque the ubolts at 90.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bumpsaurus.. its all together just need torque specssss

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
fuck, thanks a lot man, i owe u a beer!

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alright, got both leafs on in 3 hours with no power tools and all by myself. i did manager to shear park of my socket wrench off and i did drop one of the leafs on my leg causing it to bleed, but it wasnt too bad. thanks a lot for your help guys, i really appreciate it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts