TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the deck plate mod....The stock air filter is a bad idea for street driving yes???No???:confused: And yes I'm new to this site and this post should be in the Newbie forum. Sorry guys.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
ya, you'll be fine with that... if ya want a little better flow search Amsoil

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good thread title, though. It attracts viewers like bad carnage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For the deck plate mod....The stock air filter is a bad idea for street driving yes???No???:confused: And yes I'm new to this site and this post should be in the Newbie forum. Sorry guys.
don't be ashame, i'm also new on this stuff so is better to ask instead of not dispel doubts.

·
Registered
779 Posts
don't be ashame, i'm also new on this stuff so is better to ask instead of not dispel doubts.
:supergay: :aahg: :eek: :kewl: welcome aboard!

a31gunner,
amsoil... meh...better than K&N... search them both you will find both viewpoints.. and some eXplitives in there somewhere as well.

·
Registered
760 Posts
:newbie: welcome

im running the Trueflow and have no complaints... just have to know how to oil the filter http://www.carjunky.com/accessories/:D

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
Why do you think it would be bad? You think it would be counter productive? Too restrictive? Nothing to worry about with the paper filter. I prefer to run it over my old K&N.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hello welcome :)

·
Registered
760 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Thanks man! Will I get that wicked intake sound? Or do the drop ins not do that?
not with the gauze type filters. Only if you do deckplate mod or get an aftermarket intake system.

*stay away from k&n intake system you can actually lose power :eek:

k&n filter is fine though...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yea I've seen the intake put on a ford ranger and it didn't do jack shit... But make this cool noise.

And I can't do a deckplate mod, I'm carbed.. I got the worst of both worlds IFS and Carb.. Its already been done to my Taco though.. :saw:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts