TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought all new seals for my t-case going into my truck, and uninstalled the old ones to make sure I got the correct ones. I then noticed that two of them, the front output and rear output are the same size, but are different part numbers. One is stamped with "FRONT" on it, but I wanted to make sure that one actually goes there. Can someone that possibly has one sitting around give me the seal number for either the front or rear output.

I should have paid closer attention to that when I was taking them out, but shit happens, and thats why you guys are here!

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I can't tell you but I'd like to know too. My rear randomly pisses gear oil on to the exhaust and all over the bottom of the cab making the inside smell like gear oil if the windows are down

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Yes, the 2 seals are different. If you look at the seal there is a bunch of tiny grooves in the seal surface. Those are directional. I don't know what direction the slits point so your on your own there. If you get aftermarket ones they will be the same front to back.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One has tiny grooves around the outer surface originating from the center, like "rays" coming out, the other is smooth. Also, one has factory grease on the inner part, the other doesn't.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brian, I did look closer at each seal, and both had a small arrow for rotation of direction on it. The seal that was labeled "front" did go on the front output, and the other went to the rear output. I wasn't sure whether it mattered where they went, since they looked identical except for the face of the seal, and that only one was pre-greased. Anyways, I just wanted to get it together. Tomorrow I need to find my remaining 6 studs to get the crawl box on the t-case and it should hopefully be going into the truck next weekend pending that I have a driveshaft that will work.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so one more quick question, There is the one piece of metal on the front face of the t-case that is bolted on to hold the two front bearings from sliding out. I kept the one I had on the rear case, but don't have one for the front crawl box. Do I need one there? It looks like on my V6 adapter has pockets to hold the bearings in.

Do I even need to use that piece of metal on the front or rear case? Just need to know if I need to find another one, make one, or move the one in the rear to the front case. Any info would be appreciated as this is my first time to set up duals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts