TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum, and had a question.

I bought a 2008 tacoma 4x4 with 35,000 miles on it. When I get in to drive it, first start of the day, everything starts up fine and if I don't give it gas, it idles fine, but when I back out of my drive way shift out of reverse and into drive and ease on the pedal it shakes a bit like it's having problems, not like it's going to stall out.

If I do the se as above but instead give it the gas and get around or above 2000 Rpms the shaking isn't as notice able. After the initial start it doesn't have the problem for the rest of the day, unless it was a short drive and then fully cools down. Sometimes while turning there is some shaking...

I sprayed the MAF with some cleaner and cleaned the carb and it went away for a day or two and it came back, what do yall think is going on?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I normally do the same thing in the morning before I get a cup or two of coffee in me

·
Registered
122 Posts
Possibly the IAC? Just had my heads replaced. When they cleaned the throttle body it fouled the IAC through the hole above it. Truck ran rough at idle, when put in gear, and when I turned the wheel back and fourth. They cleaned the sticky IAC and it runs fine now.

Fyi about a month ago I had a very slight symptom of rough idle for about 15 to 45sec on a cold start then ran fine. Pulled the plugs, #3 was wet and it turned out to be a cracked head on #3 cylinder. Pretty bummed truck is just under 128K. Truck has maintained religiously. Never got hot

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Possibly the IAC? Just had my heads replaced. When they cleaned the throttle body it fouled the IAC through the hole above it. Truck ran rough at idle, when put in gear, and when I turned the wheel back and fourth. They cleaned the sticky IAC and it runs fine now.

Fyi about a month ago I had a very slight symptom of rough idle for about 15 to 45sec on a cold start then ran fine. Pulled the plugs, #3 was wet and it turned out to be a cracked head on #3 cylinder. Pretty bummed truck is just under 128K. Truck has maintained religiously. Never got hot
oh no, i really hope it isnt a cracked head, what were other symptoms you were having with the cracked head?

·
Registered
122 Posts
The slight rough idle at a cold start was the only symptom. Threw a 0300 code after about a week. I doubt your luck will be as bad as mine. Im curious to hear what your solution is. Sounds exactly like my iac.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I greased the universal joints and gunna see if that helps, so far so good, but it hasn't had a real cold start since I did it. A guy a o'Reilly's mentioned trying it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I greased the drive shaft, I found three nipples to pump the grease into, I think there may be a couple more, since I have greased it the vibration doesn't feel so harsh. There is still a noticeable vibration but only while turning and giving it gas on a cold start, after the initial acceleration it never comes back...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The slight rough idle at a cold start was the only symptom. Threw a 0300 code after about a week. I doubt your luck will be as bad as mine. Im curious to hear what your solution is. Sounds exactly like my iac.

I greased up the drive shaft and front end, also had a bilstien leveling kit installed, set at 2 inches. It has gone away completely. Idk what did it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts