TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys lets see your Subwoofer boxes installed in your trucks. I am looking for some new idea's for a buddy's truck. Here is mine 10" down fire with and infinity "Q" series

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
I have mine where the cubbyhole is. I took out the plstic, banged out the floor a bit, then did a fiberglass box with wood on the top. Got a yard of carpet that matches exactly and stuffed a Solo-baric S10L5 in there. I can still use the seat too! (I just have to turn off the sub)

-Phill

·
Registered
670 Posts
Its on my Cardomain site, I moved my amp down in the one tool compartment and the wiring for it is in the other one.

www.cardomain.com/id/stemmy45

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No double cab just extended cab like mine except it is red

·
Registered
119 Posts
Here is a link to my sound domain page. Mine takes up my whole extended cab. I may be ripping it out soon to start on something a lot louder. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/698447

·
Registered
269 Posts
ddriggers2 said:
Here is a link to my sound domain page. Mine takes up my whole extended cab. I may be ripping it out soon to start on something a lot louder. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/698447
not too crazy about the huge passive x-overs, but the rest of the truck is nice! inside and out :)

jconti.net used to have a nice box for a 10" subwoofer in an extended cab. too bad the site isn't up anymore :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here's mine. Actually, I turned it rear firing now incase any kids that sit in the back decide to poke their finger into the cone!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
This morning I pulled out the cubbyhole and pulled back the carpet and started my first fiberglass sub box. So far its going pretty well and I just attached the bottem peice, and the mold on the removable top peice. I wish I had started on a smaller job because going around all the small little parts is a pain in the ass to figure out! When its all done I will post some pics, even though it should look 100% stock under the carpet/rearseat.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I got a 10"bazooka tube the fits nicely behind my seat (in the foot area) little kid can still sit there but no adult...I use that side for my sh*& anyway and the amp is in the other cubby on the passenger side. Best part is you can't see any of it! I would like to be able to use both back seats, but "normal" american statures don't fit back there well. :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
i tore out the whole bench seat in my ext. cab. i made 2 boxes that fit on each side of the raised middle. i could have fit 10's but i just put 2 8inch punch 2. i have plywood top an side. i have a sony explode 12 in a box sittin right on top in the middle. quick question will a 12 in punch 2 sound better than the explod? i wolud like all three of them to match, but i am not going to buy a new speaker just for looks. not good w/ all this computer stuff. so i can't get any pictures up.

·
Banned
722 Posts
Sound better how? 12's are sloppy 10's anyways. Depends on what kinda base you are looking for. Tight punchy base 10, more of the gangsta boom 12's. As far as X-plod vs. Rockford. I like Rockford b/c I blew up my X-plod amp and I'm not big on sony car products. I've never heard an X'plod sub though so I don't know.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
Do not get a X-plod sub, or I will severly hurt you.

Thier pentagon sub is a joke. Do they not see that you want more cone area, not less? This is why Kicker decided to go the square route. More cone area. Even Son'y's round subs are terrible. When you try to spec it out, it is reallyhard to get them to sound in a box. They aren't really flexible along the lines of box building as a normal sub. Even when you do get them in a box you like, they still suck.

Bottom line, Stay away from the Sony line of audio products. Thier camcorders kick ass, but they're still a league away in automotive audio.

Some good subs that would be good to go with is Kicker (The square, not the comps) JL audio (dual voice coils), and the Audiobahns'. The Alpines are allright, but amybe it's jsut me but I prefer these 3 more. I tend to dislike roskfords since you pay so much for practally nothing. They aren't that good of quality neither.

-Phill

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
what does everyone think of Blaupunkt?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Finallap said:
Okay guys lets see your Subwoofer boxes installed in your trucks. I am looking for some new idea's for a buddy's truck. Here is mine 10" down fire with and infinity "Q" series

Nice custom look.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts