TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a single 12" in their extended cab? I want to but in a single 12" but dont know where.
Help!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had a single alpine R type 10 in a ported box in my extended cab blew it up cause amp was putting out to much watts, so i got aborrowed apline S type 12 in a box in the back of my extended cab now and i dont like the sound of it at all, if u listen to slow long bass songs like rap there great but if u listen to anything else other than rap i sujest a single 10 they are the better bang for the buck. so as soon as i get a credit of warrenty for my alpine r type hello 2 kicker 10's.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had a single Elemental Designs 12A in my extra cab ported off of just 500 watts and it pounded. I have it out now, but it is going back in after the first of the year in a custom box being powered with 900watts this time. I will post pics after I am done.

I will agree with 96toy that 10's will get the job done. 2 will be louder than a single 12 off the same power, and may take up less room as well. It will really come down to personal preference when deciding between the 2. Listen to other setups and decide off of what you like before you buy.

Danny

·
Registered
4,294 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
My 12A

Hope this picture attaches. You can't really see how it was positioned in the extra cad, but it was directly behind the passenger seat and My amp was on the other side of the cab. My amp was huge and I don't carry anyone with me, so no big deal there. My box was ported, so that is why it is so huge. If space is a concern for you, a single 10 would probably be your best bet.

Checked my post and the pics are horrible. Sorry bout that, but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yoter said:
Does anyone have a single 12" in their extended cab? I want to but in a single 12" but dont know where.
Help!!!
A good, single 10" with good power is plenty unless you want serious bass. Then I'd go 2 ported 10s. I had 2 10" Bazookas in my old 89 Z24. I forget the RMS but 300W max x 2 Cali Profile amp had those Bazookas putting serious pressures on my ear drums with the windows down.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yoter said:
Help!!!
i have a 12 in solobaric L7 behind the driver seat. nothing custom, just in a sealed box. seems like it hits harder then my friends custom box in his truck. and we both have the same set up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yoter said:
Help!!!
I have an Eclipse Alum 12" behind the driver's seat in my x-cab. In my own little world, I don't think my cab is big enough to get good resonation off of it; a 10 would do fine as well. I'm not running much power but I'm more into SQ than SPL so just to let you know where I'm comming from.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts