TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was interested to see what you guys have done as far as speaker and sub setups in double cabs. I've got an 03 and was just seeing how people set their stuff up cause i'm kinda new on the whole sound system deal. :confused:
Thanks

·
Registered
711 Posts
EVOM1 said:
Just purchased the 4 sub box from http://www.sellproductsnow.com . Should be in today.
That pretty much kills your space for anything else huh?... So where do you keep tow straps and first aid kit and jack and fire extinguisher and flashlight oh, etc. LOL!
I know there's not much space back there to begin with but thats where I keep all my stuff. I was thinking about using ammo cans...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Zackattak said:
Yeah that looks really good, but the only problem is that i keep my wheeling stuff back there, so i guess its either wheeling stuff or subs?
Thanks
Well U could always take the subs out before a wheeling run... granted its a friggin pain to do that... it is possible... That was my plan... but I've never taken out my subs...

·
Registered
269 Posts
i don't have pictures anymore, but my first system consisted of a 10 inch Diamond Audio 10cm3 subwoofer firing down. The enclosure was built behind the armrest and in front of the rear bench seat.....on top of the transmission hump. It was covered and contured to match the rest of the interior. If I had to do it all over agian, that would be it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You could always go with one of my 3 or 2 sub boxes :) The 4-sub is the extreme. I run a 2-sub setup myself and I love it. I have one 2-sub box built at the moment. If you are interested in it let me know.

Jeremy

·
Registered
150 Posts
Should have bought the extended cab and put a big box behind the seat with 2 10's and leave the truck bed for the wheelin tools.

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Tacobike said:
You could always go with one of my 3 or 2 sub boxes :) The 4-sub is the extreme. I run a 2-sub setup myself and I love it. I have one 2-sub box built at the moment. If you are interested in it let me know.

Jeremy
I may be iterested. Is it a nice clean fit behind the seats?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just go my 4 sub enclousure today, and wow wow wow what a fit and easy fits like a glove. Need to find a place for the amp. Nice work to Jeremy, real good craftmanship, I haven't put the subs in yet but soon.

·
Registered
269 Posts
NisAznMonk said:
i don't have pictures anymore, but my first system consisted of a 10 inch Diamond Audio 10cm3 subwoofer firing down. The enclosure was built behind the armrest and in front of the rear bench seat.....on top of the transmission hump. It was covered and contured to match the rest of the interior. If I had to do it all over agian, that would be it.
I found a link with the a box like what I described. I had mine built 3 years ago, but it looks like someone finally decided to mass-produce it.
Check it out here.

Here's the picture on thier website

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NisAznMonk said:
I found a link with the a box like what I described. I had mine built 3 years ago, but it looks like someone finally decided to mass-produce it.
Check it out here.

Here's the picture on thier website

DANG thats sweet......now I've got to decide......behind the seats or that box. Theyre both really nice.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Zackattak said:
DANG thats sweet......now I've got to decide......behind the seats or that box. Theyre both really nice.
If you read down a bit it tells you that you cant open your armrest all the way to access the cubby under the center arm rest as well as the cup holders in the back. With my 4 sub enclousure I still have room for the spare jack and equiptment next to it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Zackattak said:
I was interested to see what you guys have done as far as speaker and sub setups in double cabs. I've got an 03 and was just seeing how people set their stuff up cause i'm kinda new on the whole sound system deal. :confused:
Thanks
Easiest way man is to get 2 10 or 12 inch speakers, with a low requirement for air space. make a wood frame to mount the speacker into for the face use fiber glass for the rest of the sides and such. make 2 "coner" boxes for each side of the truck. Then get some heavy duty mesh type of material and make a "grill" that way you wont have to worry if you drop soemthing back there that it will hit and damge the speaker. make sure for the grill portion you use one that has small holes you wouldn't want a tow strap or any kind of strap hook to pocke through a hole and then through the speaker! I helped a friend do this to his not to long ago and it turned out great. While we were at it though we went ahead and made a tool box out of some heavy gauge sheet metal that was laying around. to quiet that down just used some dynomat sheets and layed those all over it.

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
jjrambo said:
Easiest way man is to get 2 10 or 12 inch speakers, with a low requirement for air space. make a wood frame to mount the speacker into for the face use fiber glass for the rest of the sides and such. make 2 "coner" boxes for each side of the truck. Then get some heavy duty mesh type of material and make a "grill" that way you wont have to worry if you drop soemthing back there that it will hit and damge the speaker. make sure for the grill portion you use one that has small holes you wouldn't want a tow strap or any kind of strap hook to pocke through a hole and then through the speaker! I helped a friend do this to his not to long ago and it turned out great. While we were at it though we went ahead and made a tool box out of some heavy gauge sheet metal that was laying around. to quiet that down just used some dynomat sheets and layed those all over it.

So you can put 2 10 inch subs behind the backseat in a double cab?

Also, I'm going to need to get an amplifier and a new head unit, correct?
Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Zackattak said:
So you can put 2 10 inch subs behind the backseat in a double cab?

Also, I'm going to need to get an amplifier and a new head unit, correct?
Thanks
not that I've ever seen, theres less then 3" of space at the top and not much more at the bottom, so unless you use a flat intercome speaker or something I don't see it working.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts