TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, I as well as others are not used to this forums style where as with Delphi when you reply in a thread it says the number of message the reply is to. I have been reading in a few threads and someone posts without using the quote and the post does not seem to have any contextual relation to it and I then have to re-read every message again to try and figure out what the heck someone was talking about. NOW since "we" were used to not HAVING to quote in Delphi, and people may take a while to get used to it. I was wondering if the Mods could disable the quick reply and plain reply tabs so that one can only reply using the quote reply button so it will help keep things in context. Is this possible?, it'd really help us who are still struggling with this board a bit in keeping track of things, cuz some people say stuff that I'm like what in the world does that have to do with this thread or what someone said.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Dude, you think WWAAAYYY TOO MUCH!!!! As for the muffler bearings, you need to coat them with some 90 weight taillite lube..... and get a spring compressor for the stereo.....

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rojodiablo said:
Dude, you think WWAAAYYY TOO MUCH!!!! As for the muffler bearings, you need to coat them with some 90 weight taillite lube..... and get a spring compressor for the stereo.....
Me and the other people who also thought this was a good idea too. ;)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Man the threads would be sooooooo long to read though.

I usually quote just one line or something so whoever I'm talking to knows it.

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
eh? what thread?

beyond what happens in just a couple posts becomes uncomprehensible.
how this board is so much better for the casual user,i havent figured out yet.:confused: :xcrybaby:

·
Registered
44 Posts
:clap:

Captkirkyota said:
I was wondering, I as well as others are not used to this forums style where as with Delphi when you reply in a thread it says the number of message the reply is to. I have been reading in a few threads and someone posts without using the quote and the post does not seem to have any contextual relation to it and I then have to re-read every message again to try and figure out what the heck someone was talking about. NOW since "we" were used to not HAVING to quote in Delphi, and people may take a while to get used to it. I was wondering if the Mods could disable the quick reply and plain reply tabs so that one can only reply using the quote reply button so it will help keep things in context. Is this possible?, it'd really help us who are still struggling with this board a bit in keeping track of things, cuz some people say stuff that I'm like what in the world does that have to do with this thread or what someone said.
:clap:

I like that idea. That would help me out too. In delphi, if I was confused about someones post, I too would click on that number of the thread that it was in response to. Now, if I get lost then I just get out of the thread and see if there is a more interesting/less confusing thread.

Actually, this board has cut my usage way back.

Again, I like your idea - as long as people are clicking the new reply/quote button on the thread that they want to respond to and not just where ever they happen to be at the moment.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jamier2 said:
Man the threads would be sooooooo long to read though.

I usually quote just one line or something so whoever I'm talking to knows it.
You validate my point, with time people would also catch up to where you are now, they too would quote and then delete parts of the quote, but the point is to creat new habits for everyone that were not the extra step required on Delphi, you know, that board that was not as user friendly and less personal than this one with all the extra steps to figure out to whom your personally replying too. ( sarcastic chuckling going on as typing ) ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Captkirkyota
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing