TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably been ask a million times but here goes. Looking for dependable driving/fog lamps to install on a new WAAG center guard for 03 TRD. Thinking of going with PIAA but can't make up my mind which ones. Any other suggestions on other brands? Also, do the light locks really work and are they really needed? Yeah, I'm a newbie. :D

·
Wheeler Wannabe
1,306 Posts
I've been more than happy with my Hella 500 driving lights. They throw a good amount of light, and are fairly inexpensive, which was my main attraction. It's nice knowing if I happen to break a light, it wasn't a $200 piece, but that's just me. A lot of people here run them as well as other light brands, so I'm sure they will put in their thoughts. As for rock lights, I plan on doing that this summer. They are functional...they help the driver and spotters when wheeling at night, and they can be very helpful if for working under the truck if you have a break at night. Get a cheap light (there was a thread in the hot deals section on a good deal for rock lights), because they will be prone to breaking being mounted underneath your truck. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Pup Daddy said:
Probably been ask a million times but here goes. Looking for dependable driving/fog lamps to install on a new WAAG center guard for 03 TRD. Thinking of going with PIAA but can't make up my mind which ones. Any other suggestions on other brands? Also, do the light locks really work and are they really needed? Yeah, I'm a newbie. :D
if your going with high end lights look at the lightforce lights

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have Hella 500 fog lights, clear lens. Mounted on a Westin Safari Bar they throw good light low and out to the sides.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Pup Daddy said:
Here's a great deal on great lights: http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10144&postcount=1

·
Registered
143 Posts
Pup Daddy said:
I would go with either PIAA or Lightforce lights. Both are expensive, but you get what you pay for...

I've always owned PIAA, but I've seen Lightforce in action and they are well made too.

Try this site for lightforce
http://www.mad4wd.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=179

Try this for PIAA - I've bought from Steve...great to deal with
http://www.autoseattle.com/piaa1.htm

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input! Just ordered a set of PIAA 520 fog lights. Had to buy something for the 4X to ring in the new year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts