TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 06 tacoma a while ago. I am jsut now starting my upgrades. I have always had v8's. Now having a 4.0L engine....which exhaust system will give me a nice deep sound??

any suggestions? thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for ur quick input guys....I am between Banks Monster 3" and magnaflow 2.25"

i heard banks and it sounds close to a v8 tone...also, they are taking off $100 from their below list price of 480...i'll try to put up sound clips when i throw it on..

thx again

·
Registered
328 Posts
sometimesoonrock said:
thanks for ur quick input guys....I am between Banks Monster 3" and magnaflow 2.25"

i heard banks and it sounds close to a v8 tone...also, they are taking off $100 from their below list price of 480...i'll try to put up sound clips when i throw it on..

thx again
Sweet truck!!!! I just cut out the old muffler and welded in a magnaflow!!
I just looked at your pics..I wish I could have gone with an 05 - 07 but I had to get an 03 because I didn't want to be any wider for the trails in the Northwest. Anyhow, the Banks system should rock.. I didn't notice, but did ya open up the air intake anyway? A deckplate mod would be a good idea, :welder:

·
Registered
427 Posts
BANKS or URD racing!!! im not sure if those system eliminate the cats but if the dont you could always drop the cats if you want it louder

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brost said:
BANKS or URD racing!!! im not sure if those system eliminate the cats but if the dont you could always drop the cats if you want it louder
I would LOOOVE to be loud as hell, however, where I work, I can't exactly get away with that haha.....

besides...I don't really want to be the guy setting off car alarms anymore haha those days are over!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rock-N-Ruin said:
Sweet truck!!!! I just cut out the old muffler and welded in a magnaflow!!
I just looked at your pics..I wish I could have gone with an 05 - 07 but I had to get an 03 because I didn't want to be any wider for the trails in the Northwest. Anyhow, the Banks system should rock.. I didn't notice, but did ya open up the air intake anyway? A deckplate mod would be a good idea, :welder:
ya man...i love this truck! I don't plan on going off any difficult trails because when I bought the truck I wasnt thinking about offroading...only price! it was a squeeze but it is paid off and now i want to make it a toy!

thx for input

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am gonna grab some tools for a deckplate mod...how big did yall go with your mods? 3" 4" 5"??

Obviously keeping warm air away from your intake boosts performance so what is the best material for isolating the warm air from the intake?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Dont change a thing on the exhaust IMO. Ive had a few vehicles and changing the exhaust only seemed to turn out as more of a headache than anything else. I would give anything to have the stock exhaust back on my 98 right now. Ive been through a flowmaster, magnaflow, and now my Borla is starting to leak and rust through. I should have trusted the engineers at Toyota when the truck was built that they squeezed as much HP and Torque out of that motor as possible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts