TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup; I'm planning another run before the 9/28 run has been done. So what, let's GTFO and wheel more!

My initial vote is Wheeler Lake so we can find out just where the mines are; and because I want to give a second try at lower tire pressure... 20psi was hellish; 10 should be better.

So I say Wheeler Lake, what does everyone else say? I imagine the "fall colors" will have subsided by then, but there may be some stragglers yet. Hell, there could be snow in them thar hills too.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm down for a run; Wheeler works but am open to other ideas too.

·
Registered
256 Posts
[QUOTE=wakkjobb; I want to give a second try at lower tire pressure... 20psi was hellish; 10 should be better.

You silly people scared of tire pressure.
Run them things with 5 !!

I do it every time I go wheeling (if I even bother airing down)
Beadlocks or not .

I've never had issues with it coming off the bead or any thing . And that's with my 37/12.5/15 mtr's
And my new set of 38/12.5/15 tsl's .

My buddy has boggers 38.5/14/15 and he lets all the air out !!

Or maybe I'm just lucky and haven't had it he open yet . ;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
For a while, I was running 0 psi in my two rear boggers and didn't even know (slow leak) hahaha. It felt a little weird on the street.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ran about 8-10 when I had Grond; seemed to do well for 37s on 15x8 wheels. These 17x9s also seem to do okay with low pressures; we'll see once the snow starts flying. 5psi is the new street pressure. :cool:

So yeah, how about that Wheeler Lake trail? There's only a few tough spots at the start; after that it's pretty much a single track trail and pretty easy. Kind of how Iron Chest is: rough start but it gets easier.

Let's flippin go!

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2-3 hours depending on traffic/truck specs; it's north of Alma a bit, by Montgomery Reservoir.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
It's only an 1 and 45 mins according to Mapquest. It's just outside Breckenridge.

Holy Cross on the other hand, took us about 3 hours towing the trailer...that was a long day

·
20,355 Posts
If 2-3 hours is too long you are living in the wrong state.

I may be down for this. I have already run wheeler this year, but I could run it again.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It's only an 1 and 45 mins according to Mapquest. It's just outside Breckenridge.
Yeah, but you have a fancy truck with modern engines n stuff that can actually accelerate and drive over 70mph... some of us aren't so fortunate. :D

It's not a matter of living in the wrong state; just not the ideal area for wheeling in THIS state. The Springs is almost dead-center to Colorado, so we're a few hours from everywhere.

I try to cushion driving times to account for:
slower drivers
traffic
weather
pit stops
...and so forth.

But I'll always be late, so count on that.

I'm still going. :cool:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am living in the wrong state, I belong back in Hawaii. Once I get my house sold, I'm out. Too many stuck up assholes in this state.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey hey hey... we're not all like that. How much of CO have you been to? Out in the west the folks are way WAY nicer; try Lake City, Gunnison and around that area. It's the front range that stops the assholes... like how the Palmer Divide stops the weather.
Crap, even in Divide the people are nicer. Doesn't Hawaii have emissions and mud flap laws? And no snow?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I guess I'm just a little sour towards this city. I've met good people here and also d-bags, but I guess that's anywhere. And yes, Hawaii has ridiculous laws regarding vehicles. Small price to pay I guess. But it's lobster season right now and my brother keeps sending me pics of all the lobsters he's grabbing..:(

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This city is rife with douche nozzles, yes. Just ignore them and they'll go away.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I haven't been out in awhile and this trail has always looked fun. How difficult is it though? I'm not sure how my 33s and good ole LS in the rear would hold up. I don't wanna be holding everything up.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
33s should be fine; there aren't a bunch of obstacles and there are bypasses around the tougher spots... well, some of them.

Come on out and see what it can do; bet it does fine. :cool:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Welp, looks like I get to be that guy this time...after this weekend I think my oil leak may have finally moved from "normal for a 26 year old motor to leak a bit" to "I'm gonna burn the sucker up if I don't fix it".

Going to try to start figuring out what exactly is wrong this week, but at the moment I'm not too keen on driving it very much...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts