TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody, it's that time again folks, time to go WHEEL!!!!! :driving:

Jesse and his ExoToy and myself are thinking about going out on Sunday.
A couple of thoughts, Logandale, Tie Rod, Potato Ridge/Rocky Gap, Devils Canyon (if anyone knows where it is).

I don't care which, the furthest run is Logandale, but a hell of a lot of fun!

Closest is Tie Rod, and Devils and Potato Ridge.

Logandale has something for everybody, from sand dunes and dirt roads, to extreme rock crawling.

Tie Rod and Devils canyon are a bit harder and a lift, 33's and sliders minimum are suggested. Spotting needed more than likely.

Potato Ridge/Rocky Gap is challenging, sliders recommended, but a beautiful trip, as is Logandale for that matter.

A big plus for Potato Ridge if it snows this week!!!!!!!!!

Lets see what everyone wants to do, chime in NVTTORA!! :xpimp: :xdevil:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I would be interested, but (here comes the excuse), my rig isn't ready to attempt Tie Rod or Rocky Gap again for a while. Logandale sounds like fun, but that is just too far for me to go on a work day.

Where is Devil's Canyon? It sounds like I wouldn't make it through anyway.

I've just been taking it easy lately. At this rate, there will be a 5th Generation 4Runner on the market, before I make any mods to my 4th gen.

I hope to join you guys for a run sometime in the near future. HAVE FUN!!!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Devils Canyon is tough! You will need a spotter, sliders, and alot of patience. 33's and a locker is highly recommended. I think there are 3, 4' waterfalls. Not to tough, but the trail is VERY rocky (sharp also). It also has some off camber tight turns. (where I caught the back of my door on a rock... :( ). :2cents:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jdblatt said:
Devils Canyon is tough! You will need a spotter, sliders, and a lot of patience. 33's and a locker is highly recommended. I think there are 3, 4' waterfalls. Not to tough, but the trail is VERY rocky (sharp also). It also has some off camber tight turns. (where I caught the back of my door on a rock... :( ). :2cents:

We can always save that for another day then. It should be something most well equipped vehicles could do.
Thanks Jeff. :xpimp: :xdevil:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hopper said:
OK well I'm 80% sure I can go. I just remembered I have a term paper due Monday :eek: . We will have to see.

Cool, do your paper tonight!! :p Do you have any preference of trails? Your running boards are already ruined, might as well use them for sliders, unless you've got your sliders already. :xpimp: :xdevil:

·
Registered
799 Posts
my034runner said:
Cool, do your paper tonight!! :p Do you have any preference of trails? Your running boards are already ruined, might as well use them for sliders, unless you've got your sliders already. :xpimp: :xdevil:
he moved the date back to Wed. for the paper

no I dont have sliders yet and the running boards have been taken off to get ready for sliders :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
im ready for any of these runs they all sound like a great time... logandale sounds good its just going to be a long trip in my 81 but im up for the trip...

·
Registered
616 Posts
hopper said:
no I dont have sliders yet and the running boards have been taken off to get ready for sliders :D
SOUNDS FAMILIAR...

I just found out that I will have Sunday night off of work. So........

If you do go to Logandale, and if there is someway I could meet up with you guys out there, I'm interested!!! I usually get done at work around 9am on Sunday morning. So I'm guessing I could make it out there by 10-10:30ish (does that sound right?).

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jayfredweb said:
SOUNDS FAMILIAR...

I just found out that I will have Sunday night off of work. So........

If you do go to Logandale, and if there is someway I could meet up with you guys out there, I'm interested!!! I usually get done at work around 9am on Sunday morning. So I'm guessing I could make it out there by 10-10:30ish (does that sound right?).

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Look who's still alive!!!!!

Welcome back bro!!! Long time no hear or see. Glad that you're still with us.

Your timing sounds good. If this ends up in Logandale, then we can just meet up at the Chevron station in Logandale around 10-10:30am, gas up and head into the park from there.

It's really easy to get to Logandale, just head up I-15, until you see the exit for Logandale/Overton/Lake Mead. Turn right and go down a few miles to the Chevron on the right hand side.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Awesome,this is shaping up to hopefully be another good turnout...I will be out @ the Logandale exit right around 9:30 and will wait for peeps,there is a fairly decent size area to pull off the road just after you exit the highway!!

Jessie,there are alot of different trails out in the Logandale area...there is also alittle bit of everything out there from sand,dirt roads,washes,rocks,ledges,and waterfalls and they all seem to intersect with each other!!Hope to see everyone out there for another kick ass run!!!! :D :woot:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dnstaco said:
Awesome, this is shaping up to hopefully be another good turnout... I will be out @ the Logandale exit right around 9:30 and will wait for peeps, there is a fairly decent size area to pull off the road just after you exit the highway!!

Jessie, there are a lot of different trails out in the Logandale area... there is also a little bit of everything out there from sand, dirt roads, washes, rocks, ledges, and waterfalls and they all seem to intersect with each other!! Hope to see everyone out there for another kick ass run!!!! :D :woot:

Just go on to the Chevron mini mart. You can't get lost, all anybody has to do is turn right off of the freeway, and go to he one and only Chevron station!

You need to call my ass in the morning though! :eek: Make sure I'm moving. :rofl:

·
2,251 Posts
I won't be making it. Already have plans to go out of town. You guys have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
616 Posts
my034runner said:
Look who's still alive!!!!!

Welcome back bro!!! Long time no hear or see. Glad that you're still with us.

Your timing sounds good. If this ends up in Logandale, then we can just meet up at the Chevron station in Logandale around 10-10:30am, gas up and head into the park from there.
I'm planning on being there. My CB seems to be on the fritz, so hopefully I'll catch you guys before you start the run. Don't expect me to be attempting any crazy waterfalls, or for that matter following Dennis anywhere!! I'm out of practice for keeping up with you guys. And the only modification I've done is removing the shreaded running boards (so now I have nothing protecting my door panels).

I'll see you guys on the trail!!!:kewl:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts