TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so jen's sunroof is stuck open. Its been going out for a while and now its completly stuck. When u press the button you can hear the motor trying to push it stuck. I had climbed up to look at the roof from above and when she presses the button i can see it move forward and then press against something so that it pushes the sheet metal of the roof up. Does anyone know any tricks to possibly dissengage the sunroof motor and pull the glass piece closed untill further repairs are possible? I am thinking that i would need to remove the lining on the inside of the cab to get to these parts. I tried searching and couldnt find anything so some help would be wonderfull.

Thanks in advance guys.

Ryan and Jenn

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BUMP

anyone? its a factory sunroof.... anyone....
....anyone
....anyone?

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Since when did Tacos ever come with a powered sun roof? I have a factory moon roof but it's totally manaul and even those were discontinued in 2003 or some such.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the 99 does i know for sure. Jenn has one. My dad also had a 00' 4runner with factory sunroof all elec... doesnt seem to help tho..

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Yeah I know Runners did but I never saw an electric on a Taco. Are you sure it isn't aftermarket? Maybe just get Jen to push the button while you get up there and try applying a little force on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts