TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As you have probably already discovered, off roading places heavy abuse on many parts of your truck that don’t get abused when your truck is driven “normally”. One of such part is your stock transfer case mount. This soft rubber and steel block bolts between your transfer case and your transfer case cross member, and has a tendency to do one of two things when you are wheeling your truck. It will either flex far to much letting your shifter hit things in the cab, or even worse, the rubber will rip right in half! So now you’re in the middle of a trail, in the middle of nowhere, with a transmission/transfer case that is just flopping around, now what do you do?

To help you avoid such a situation, 4x Innovations has created the first true super duty transfer case mount for Toyota trucks! In this new mount the soft, weak, stock rubber portion of the mount is replaced with quality Energy Suspension Poly round bushings. These bushings will not split and fail on you, eliminating such worries associated with stock mounts. Your new mount comes with thicker steel plates that are laser cut and CNC formed for the best fit possible. This mount is a direct replacement and even includes all needed hardware. You can even run this mount with aftermarket cross members that reuse the Toyota rubber mount, such as the Marlin Crawler, Sky’s, Bud Built and other cross members.

As if all that wasn’t enough, there’s another trick feature to this mount. If you need remove your transfer case or transmission you now only need to remove two bolts from the bushings to pull the cross member down, not the 4, hard to get to, bolts that engage in the cross member.

Get the strongest mount available for your rig today for just $55. This mount fits all 79-95 Gear drive transfer cases and 82-95 4 cylinder cross members. To order please either contact us or click over to 4xInnovations.com and use the online shopping options.

Added, 7/2010:
These mounts are now available for Tacomas also! Check out the Tacoma Superduty mount thread here!

Attachments

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I now have these in stock. They look awesome and fit great! It only takes a jack, 2 wrenches and half an hour or less to install these. I'll get real pictures this weekend, I broke my camera tonight. :(

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could these be made to work with clocked cases?
These will work for a clocked case if you have a cross member for a clocked case. We also could modify them to fit a clocked case on a standard cross member, although you are loosing some of the clocking benefits that way.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
very nice and that price sure beats the hell out of the OE replacements ;)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Edit, newer photos in post below.

I know there may be some concern over these mounts introducing more vibration into the truck, but these are great bushings, and there is not actually much vibration at the mount. Jamie brought this up when he was over this weekend, so we hoped in my truck for a drive. My 4 runner is running the same style of mount/bushings, but it also has 2 inch round bushings for motor mounts. I'll let Jamie toss in is .02, but I believe he felt it wasn't as much as maybe expected, and more than acceptable.

I've got to get a picture of the unit under the truck, it bolts right up, just like a stock one would. And it bolts in ALL of the places you would use this shaped OEM unit!

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Here's a kind of crappy pic of the real thing!

I know there may be some concern over these mounts introducing more vibration into the truck, but these are great bushings, and there is not actually much vibration at the mount. Jamie brought this up when he was over this weekend, so we hoped in my truck for a drive. My 4 runner is running the same style of mount/bushings, but it also has 2 inch round bushings for motor mounts. I'll let Jamie toss in is .02, but I believe he felt it wasn't as much as maybe expected, and more than acceptable.

I've got to get a picture of the unit under the truck, it bolts right up, just like a stock one would. And it bolts in ALL of the places you would use this shaped OEM unit!
If the vibes are too much for some rigs (using the ES type polly bushings) you might look into a softer material bushing. I prototyped 3 different hardness bushings for Jeff at Balistic for his original tcase xmember last year and we found one that worked quite well. He has since changed that design to utilize the type of bushing you have there but I don't know what hardness he went with for the final product.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
yes eventually

The vibes are NOT to much for any rig.

Here's some more new pics of the mount installed!
well, I imagine that is objective. some that have the fror (even the older ones) will say the same while others have removeded the whole thing.

...but...for you price I may just have to order one and find out ;)

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
well, I imagine that is objective. some that have the fror (even the older ones) will say the same while others have removeded the whole thing.

...but...for you price I may just have to order one and find out ;)
I'm planning on throwing one of these on, just as soon as I get my Crossmember issues worked out. The vibrations were my only concern, as well.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
I'm planning on throwing one of these on, just as soon as I get my Crossmember issues worked out. The vibrations were my only concern, as well.
the other factor to remember is that vibration from the 2.7s is a whole lot worse than from the 3.4s. When I first installed Jeff's original prototype with the hard poly bushings I thought the truck was going to shake appart...just at start-up:eek: I loosened the bolts and that helped but the thing still wasn't even drivable with that setup; a softer bushing was the only solution.

this new mount uses the same general principle of the OE mount with everything attached at the center of the drivetrain rather than at the frame rails (which creates a huge lever (imobilizing the drivetrain) and hence, major vibes) Using a pair of polly bushings at the center should give the drivetrain better stability (ie, shifters won't have the 2" of side/side travel they have OE) but keep the vibes down to near stock levels.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hytenor hit it right on with his description!

We have these guys in stock and ready to ship.

They make perfect xmas gifts, and if we get your order by midnight Wed it will even arrive in time for Xmas, even to CA!

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Adam,

We should probably start looking at dates for doing all my junk. After Christmas, I'm W-I-D-E open. I can come up and spend 2 days again, or whatever.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Adam,

We should probably start looking at dates for doing all my junk. After Christmas, I'm W-I-D-E open. I can come up and spend 2 days again, or whatever.
Tell it to your wife, I don't want to know about it.

Oh wait, never mind... Well you're in luck, because I am to except from Jan 2 to Jan 16ish? Give me a holler and we'll figure something out. Lets go wheeling sometime between Xmas and New Years!

Nice job as usual adam !

Now get to work on one for the 2.7 5 spd tacoma and I'll buy one :D
Thanks Mitch! As soon as I can get a Tacoma in here I'll get it done for ya. I'm still looking for someone to permanently donate their Taco to me, no takers on that offer yet though.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Lets go wheeling sometime between Xmas and New Years!
When? Where?

I'm in NC until the 28th, but other than that I'm open for suggestions!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Great product. The 4xinnovations heavy duty t-case mount sure reduced the vibration and excess play I was having.
When? Where?
Area 51 New Years day ;) Unfortunately my rig is down waiting on replacement 30 spliners from Longfield so we will have to beat yours up. :D

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great product. The 4xinnovations heavy duty t-case mount sure reduced the vibration and excess play I was having.
Area 51 New Years day ;) Unfortunately my rig is down waiting on replacement 30 spliners from Longfield so we will have to beat yours up. :D
Glad to hear it's working good for you Kurt!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
About this Discussion
79 Replies
13 Participants
traxman25
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing