TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody use these? They're "helper" type springs with sliders so they work progressively. I need some extra towing capacity but don't want to jack up the back of my truck or alter the ride.
Any input would be great!

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah,
I saw that one post. I was hoping for additional input. searching for "super springs" did not yield much in the way of information.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have them and they work pretty well. They probably gave me a few extra years on the stock springs. I just upgraded recenty to Wheeler HD springs and put the SuperSprings back on. The truck is a bit bouncy with no load but the combo of HD springs and SuperSprings make the truck a pretty good hauler. SuperSprings are quite expensive now-a-days you might be better just getting new springs. The Wheeler HD's without SuperSprings were way better than stock but I use the truck on a farm and need the extra bit of security since I tend to overload all the time!:xcrazy:
The SuperSprings if you go with the ones made fore the tacoma give about an inch extra height. The heavier duty SuperSprings do fit also but give a much harsher ride.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Still got my set for sale if you are intersted.

I would only recommend them if you have a load in your bed (such as a truck box). My rear suspension was like a rock when I didn't have anything in the bed.

Also, don't plan on wheeling with them on as they will prevent the truck from flexing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Breadbox,
thanks for the helpful input.
I've actually gone ahead and bought the supersprings and installed them. The main reason I purchased them was because I tow a pop-up camper trailer alot and I get alot of sag under that load. I've been towing it for several years and I think that put a hurting on my stock springs (ie. a bit of butt sag even when not towing) With the add. of the supersprings there is no sag and a bit of a lift. I would say about 1" maybe a bit less. I haven't noticed a huge difference in ride quality. My '00 never drove like a cadillac anyway. I do notice a bit of noise when going over large speed humps. I think this is due to the "rollers" on the springs moving. Have you noticed anything like this?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't remember much noise from the springs maybe the occasional clank, since I've upgraded I've installed all grease-able bolts, shackles etc. Even on the Supersprings I used grease-ables because my truck was so rusted when I went to change the rear springs I ended up having to cut everything.
The grease-able parts do make for a quieter ride.
Overall the SuperSprings are a good product but you might want to consider new springs sometime as I was in the same boat. The rear was sagging more and more, the ride really suffered. I did put alot of money into the suspension and now I hope the truck will last another 5 years at least but the money was well worth it the ride is much better than stock ever was.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Can you use shackle lifts with Super Spring?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't see why not they attached to the spring and balance on the center stand where you'll have to remove the bump stop.
I use Super Springs with Wheelers Springs and Greaseable Shackles.

·
Registered
309 Posts
so if i go with some supersprings with say a 2.5" shackle...would that be ok?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Bump Stop...?

I've heard that when you install these, you have to gring down/off the bump stop. This may be a "DUMB" question, but what the heck is the "bump stop" and what does it do?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I've heard that when you install these, you have to gring down/off the bump stop. This may be a "DUMB" question, but what the heck is the "bump stop" and what does it do?
Let me get this straight, your a "Certified Parts Master Toyota Dealership in Dallas area" per your sig. and you have no idea what a bump stop is? That right there speaks volumes about the current state of Toyota and its employees. Ironic becuase often when I go to the local Toyota dealers parts counters the "experts" there try to talk down to me like I dont know what Im talking about when its themselves that dont have a clue. They usually throw out ten dollar handles like "certified master tech" and so forth in their defense... WAJ.

I remember when this used to be an off-road oriented site... oh, well. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
does anyone think this will work?:confused:
No it will void your warranty. (at least thats what all the Toyota service guys have been telling me for years). Seriously, you work at a dealership and you are begging for information on this site? Go ask a master tech. in the service department. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Point taken mojavehanna, but "TOYOTA" does not sell a replacement bump stop with out a complete spirngset, thats why I was asking. There is no reason to be a JACK ASS or DICK HEAD. The techs have given me their opinion on it, but I thought I'd get some "friendly" advice on the forum too.....guess I was wrong.
BTW how will it void the warranty on a truck with 90K genius?

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
often when I go to the local Toyota dealers parts counters the "experts" there try to talk down to me like I dont know what Im talking about when its themselves that dont have a clue.
That happens to me at my toy dealership. I hate it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts