TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm strongly leaning toward putting a set of Interco Trxus MT's on my FJC (255/85/16) but have read that many have had issue balancing them. After reading through the many threads/discussions, I've come across those that advocate using "dynamic balancing" techniques. Using everything from golf balls to anti-freeze/water mix to airsoft pellets as a balancing remedy.

I can understand the physics behind the theory but wonder how many have used this in real life and how successful it has been for them. My FJC is a part time daily driver (weather dependent, main daily driver is BMW 1150rt unless I"m to whimpy to ride it in freezing conditions) so it will be driven in highway situations. However, I prefer to have excellent off-road capabilities than highway.

Thanks in advance for your insight...

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
It's important to know that dynamic balancing simply refers to adding weights to both sides of the wheel to address both up-down and side to side imbalancing.

As far as adding pellets - I've seen mixed results so they haven't proven to be the cure-all for balancing issues.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the references. I did read that thread and I guess I was hoping to hear from some that have had them in for a few years. It seems like a few had positive results and a couple others didn't but they couldn't rule out other issues than the tires.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I have them in my TRXUS M/T's and they don't do crap in my opinion. According to Dyna beads company I should be able to run the suggested amount of their beads with no, or very little, wheel weights..I tried that first..HOLY CRAP!! Talk about shake your damn teeth out, and they are virtually impossible to balance if you install the beads prior to balancing and seem to do little afterwards..My .02 is: A waste of $70!
P.S...If the tire installer allows even a minute amount of mounting lubricant to enter the inside of the tire, it will be slung about and the beads will clump together and never be right, unless you care to remove and clean them... That comes from the horses mouth at Innovative Balancing..

·
Registered
758 Posts
You probably read my other post in the Blue Room, but I run the Dyna Beads with MT/R's and have had good success. Make sure to buy more weight then the tire chart on www.innovativebalancing.com recommends. From reading through the threads here I also noticed that some of the dissatisfaction issues were related to the type of tire. I don't specifically remember anyone with the trxus having issues, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, and thanks again for the feedback and info. This is helping me resolve my paranoia about not being able to balance them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts