TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a really good deal on a set of Super Swamper LTB's. I've heard that swampers give a bad ride. Is it really that bad of a ride or is it liveable? Street truck during the week and wheeling on the weekends. It's a 31x11.5 tire. Truck details in sig.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
The LTB's are a great off road tire, but really suck on road. They are bias, not radials, so they will flat spot if parked for too long, and be hard to get a good ride out of them. Also, they are a softer compound, so they'll wear real fast if you plan on daily driving on them.

They rock off road, and for the price, you can't beat them for a trailer queen.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:( That sucks, I could get a really good deal on them too. Mud tires aren't the cheapest thing.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Quick question for you guys.

my brother is doing an SAS on a 1997 explorer XLT, hes gonna be getting into the 36 - 37 tire sizes and is looking at TSL Radials and IROKS, we know swampers arnt the best for road wear/sound but whats your guys 2 cents on these?

sorry to bugger up your thread, just curious.

·
Registered
29 Posts
IROKs aren't too bad on a daily driver. Decent ride and decent wear. (But of course they are not ATs or street tires, so don't expect a super sweet ride)

·
Registered
195 Posts
SSRs are nice onroad and off. You just have to keep an eye on pressure and rotation. They are pricey, though

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ran 33X12.50's on a 95 yj w\ 4"'s and after 3 or 4 days sitting the 1st 20-30 of driving felt like riding down a railroad track. I'd rather pass a kidney stone than ride on those again!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
the experience i've had with LTB's haven't impressed me. On the road it feels like you are driving over railroad ties, they pull you all over the road, and they flat spot when you truck sits. the offroad performance isn't really that impressive either. Dont get me wrong, they are good, but the were no better than the baja claws i had, except the claws were way better on the road, and lasted way longer. the only good thing about the LTB is the price, which I still dont think makes them worth buying. Look harder, and a least wait to find some TSL radials. One thing i found out the hard way is, dont jump on the first set of cheap tires you come across, because it never pays off.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree, try to find a set of TSL radials. I've run the 36's on my '75 Power Wagon, the 33's on my '92 Cherokee and I now have another set of 36x12.50-15's for my Yota. They ride decent and work really good off road. They are soft so you need to keep an eye on tire pressures and rotate them regular.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts