TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at Toyota a few months back - and bought some plugs for the 4runner (3.4 SC with URD fuel kit/injectors/calibration unit) and they gave me the NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs - which I believe are 1 step colder? After researching - I found out that everyone runs the BKR7EIX-11 or Denso IK's....
Since I am running the stock pulley - I should be fine with the BKR6's right? Does anyone know what gap I should run? I'm seeing mixed results - .043" and .035"?

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
The gap should be .043. I am experimenting with ik24's They are 3 step cooler. Just put them in. So far i love them more power truck runs great. Will pull one soon to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The gap should be .043. I am experimenting with ik24's They are 3 step cooler. Just put them in. So far i love them more power truck runs great. Will pull one soon to see what it looks like.
I didn't get a response from anyone - so I just returned them to Toyota this morning....LOL! Thank you though!
I bought the NGK plugs back in August of 2011 - and the local Toyota stealership took still them back! ($60)...They didn't have the 2 step cooler plugs - so I went next door to Costless and picked up the Denso IK22's that I had in the 4runner previously...Seems that's what everyone was running - so I'd just stick to what works. Thanks for the info!!
Trevor

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am running ik22, sounds like you are not running it hard like me, stock pulley, and I rarely boost over 3psi, I've had mine in for about 20k miles just checked them today and they look fine no sign of residue or black coloring so I'm def sticking with that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts