185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quoted from TuRD:

"While the supercharger will fit the engine, the Electronic Control
Units (ECUs) used in 1995 and 1996 T-100 and Tacoma trucks
do not respond as well to supercharging as do the 1997 and
later vehicles. For this reason, TRD does NOT recommend the
supercharger for the 1995 and 1996 Tacoma and T-100 trucks."

Has anybody messed around with putting the SC on a '96 and seeing what the results were or tried swapping the ECU out for a later model such as a '97 ECU. I really don't want to spend the money on a SC if I can't make it work properly-In other words I'm too chicken to be the guinea pig.

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
super charger

grommit327 said:
Quoted from TuRD:

"While the supercharger will fit the engine, the Electronic Control
Units (ECUs) used in 1995 and 1996 T-100 and Tacoma trucks
do not respond as well to supercharging as do the 1997 and
later vehicles. For this reason, TRD does NOT recommend the
supercharger for the 1995 and 1996 Tacoma and T-100 trucks."

Has anybody messed around with putting the SC on a '96 and seeing what the results were or tried swapping the ECU out for a later model such as a '97 ECU. I really don't want to spend the money on a SC if I can't make it work properly-In other words I'm too chicken to be the guinea pig.

Thanks
Joe

trust me, there's been ooodles of ppl w/ 95.5's and 96's that have S/C'ed their 3.4's. Even some of the new 1's don't do too well w/ out a URD kit. Email Gadget, or go to I think it's www.gadgetonline.com or it's .net. Anyways, he's the go to guy. But yeah, you can swap to a 97' ECU if you can find 1. Peace, Wes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Gadget
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing