TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Gang.

Anybody know the name of the co. that makes the add-on nose bracket for the 3.4 L s/c? Had the name and number a while ago....has now disappeared into a black hole.

Would also be interested in anyone has a used one to sell....

Thanks.

·
609 Posts
zemuron99 said:
Hey, Gang.

Anybody know the name of the co. that makes the add-on nose bracket for the 3.4 L s/c? Had the name and number a while ago....has now disappeared into a black hole.

Would also be interested in anyone has a used one to sell....

Thanks.
Blue Devil Products. It will not work with the GenII(black) SC'ers. It only works on the grey ones. Been there, done that. URD was supposed to have something sometime soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
wisctaco04 said:
Blue Devil Products. It will not work with the GenII(black) SC'ers. It only works on the grey ones. Been there, done that. URD was supposed to have something sometime soon.

I have a black 2nd Gen Charger & I use it on mine-- some came with the mounting holes & some without...???-- I still have two if them if you are still interested send me an email---

Note bracket on nose cone...

·
609 Posts
NoliWan said:
I have a black 2nd Gen Charger & I use it on mine-- some came with the mounting holes & some without...???-- I still have two if them if you are still interested send me an email---

Note bracket on nose cone...
Shait. There was no way the Dlue Devil bracket would fit on mine. The nearest hole was the bolts tha hold the nose cone on and are set back about 3" too far. So, yours has a hole(s) on the machined surface just adjacent the pulley? I wonder if this is the difference between Gen II &III. Where is Gadget now? I'm glad it works for you though. I guess I'll keep waiting for the day for it to shear off the intake.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey bud where did you get that bracket for the egt gauge. i really like it better than the dual gauge pod.

·
609 Posts
ERIC TACOMA said:
hey bud where did you get that bracket for the egt gauge. i really like it better than the dual gauge pod.
It's just a universal pod made by Autometer. It mounts via a swivel the I just screwed into the column. I think it was pretty cheap since I didn't do the chrome or carbonfiber.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Just curious, since I'm planning on upgrading to a supercharger in the next year or so...

What do you need a nose bracket for? Basically what does it do for the charger?

·
609 Posts
Jamier2 said:
Just curious, since I'm planning on upgrading to a supercharger in the next year or so...

What do you need a nose bracket for? Basically what does it do for the charger?
Well, since there a only a few bolts that hold the SC'er to the engine and it's aluminum intake the force exerted is arguably approaching a failure threshold. I don't know if it has been documented failure yet but the brace is a preventative measure to keep it bolted tight. That nose cone sticks out pretty far from the body of it and has a good amount of force trying to pull it down. You could say we are all too worrisome or anal but I wouldn't like to have to retap the bolts ahould they pull out or think what the failure would to to the engine.

·
Registered
469 Posts
OK, it's just a reinforcing bracket then. I think I would be anal about it too - that's a lot of money to be tied up in something that even seems to be vulnerable. I thought it might be some sort of performance upgrade or something.

Thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Jamier2 said:
OK, it's just a reinforcing bracket then. I think I would be anal about it too - that's a lot of money to be tied up in something that even seems to be vulnerable. I thought it might be some sort of performance upgrade or something.

Thanks.
Just got my Gen. 1 SC installed, and now I to am concerned about the nose cone bracket. I am going to attempt to make my own. It shouldn’t be to difficult. Their is one thing I need to know. Where the bracket bolts on the bottom (I think to the water pump) it looks as if it is recessed in this a bit where the bolt seats. Kind of hard to explain but does anyone have pics of the back side of the bracket?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I have a nose support bracket on my lots of things to do list. Someday it will happen.

There was someone that was making them for sale and were up ready for orders, but I can't remember who it was. Maybe someone here will.

http://www.gadgetonline.com/tensioner.htm

I have some pictures here of the pulley plate. You can see it bumps out to clear the timing belt cover an it has a tit on the backside to act as a spacer that is hard to see in the pictures.

I hope these pictures do you some good.

Oh, that is not the water pump. It is the fan support bracket. The water pump is deep inside the timing belt cover and is driven by the timing belt.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Gadget said:
I have a nose support bracket on my lots of things to do list. Someday it will happen.

There was someone that was making them for sale and were up ready for orders, but I can't remember who it was. Maybe someone here will.

http://www.gadgetonline.com/tensioner.htm

I have some pictures here of the pulley plate. You can see it bumps out to clear the timing belt cover an it has a tit on the backside to act as a spacer that is hard to see in the pictures.

I hope these pictures do you some good.

Oh, that is not the water pump. It is the fan support bracket. The water pump is deep inside the timing belt cover and is driven by the timing belt.
Good info, I'll see what I can come up with.

·
609 Posts
Gadget said:
Blue Devil Products.

·
Registered
731 Posts
wisctaco04 said:
Shait. There was no way the Dlue Devil bracket would fit on mine. The nearest hole was the bolts tha hold the nose cone on and are set back about 3" too far. So, yours has a hole(s) on the machined surface just adjacent the pulley? I wonder if this is the difference between Gen II &III. Where is Gadget now? I'm glad it works for you though. I guess I'll keep waiting for the day for it to shear off the intake.
Noliwan has a Gen II and we have Gen III that does not have the threaded hole in the nose drive housing to mount the bracket. You could drill and tap that hole but I don't think I'm going to.

Dave

·
609 Posts
Hey Dave- Haven't been on the boards much but still read you around.

That was an old thread that was just ressurected. Thanks for pointing out what the generation differences are though. I did and install for a member who did have the threaded hole and the bracket worked out fine bit was confused why mine was older and did not have the hole yet the Gen I's did. I think I will have to pass on the drill/tap fix. It hasn't sheard yet.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
If the genII is the same M62 blower unit that the genI does, and I think it does only the intake housing is different, then there is a drilled and tapped hole back near the base of the nose drive. The support bracket attaches there with a long bolt and spacer. If Dean (Tacodab) ever gets off of his butt and gets over there, they can look at his genII to see if anything needs to be done to make it fit the genII.

http://automotive.eaton.com/product/engine_controls/superchargers/M62.asp

·
Registered
731 Posts
Unless I'm confused about what you are saying Dick, we are not on the same page.
There is a Gen I with the gray case. It has the drilled and tapped hole for the plate. Then there is the Gen II with the newer black housing that has the same hole. Then later they made a change to what I call the Gen III which is the exact same as the Gen II except the hole for the plate is not drilled and tapped.

Matt, your friends Gen II that has the hole is actually older than yours. It must have sat on someones shelf for a while.

Dave

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
I am not aware that Eaton changed the core blower unit housing at all. I have never heard of a GenIII SC kit for the 3.4L engine, just GenI and GenII and then they only changed the intake casting to incorporate the by pass valve and make the unit just a tad smaller in the process but both used the same core blower unit from Eaton. If that hole is gone then Eaton did away with it. That would be strange if they did, because both Eaton and Magnuson recommended a support for the nose drive. After talking to them, I chopped my original static idler plate to make clearance for the spring tenson type idler and that is where the Blue Devil plate came from. Unless Magnuson also changed the output part of the casting, that connects the blower output to the engine, one would think that the bolt hole would be in the same location as the GenI units.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts