TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 2012 Tacoma Baja Edition and am thinking about taking it down to the dealer and have them install the TRD supercharger. Anyone out there have one on a later model Double Cab 4x4? How do you like it? Was it worth the cost?

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
No experience but if you got the money, DO IT!

One thing though: Would Toyota still waranty you with URD fuel mods vs. their 7th injector?

Better ask them all your questions up front, maybe even get it in writing if you go with aftermarket stuff.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just picked up my 2012 Tacoma Baja Edition and am thinking about taking it down to the dealer and have them install the TRD supercharger. Anyone out there have one on a later model Double Cab 4x4? How do you like it? Was it worth the cost?
I got mine installed last month on my 2011 and love it. Obviously the gas mileage drops with a heavy foot, but it also does so without the sc. I drive the speed limit, so my average mpg is identical to pre sc, which is approximately 360 miles to the reserve light, 17 to 17.4 gallons at the pump.

Is it worth it? To me, hell yes.

·
Registered
177 Posts
As long as the dealer install it and they are all toyota/trd parts the warranty is intact, if you go and install fuel upgrades afterwards then yea the warranty goes away. If it were me id just stick with the TRD parts, plus the new gen doesnt have the same leaning problems as the S/C 3.4 did, so I dont think you need anything more than what the TRD kit comes with.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The prices I've seen are more like 6.5 and then you gotta factor in shipping to HI as we'll as installation costs.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The prices I've seen are more like 6.5 and then you gotta factor in shipping to HI as we'll as installation costs.

Can't you guys buy from places like TOD? I paid $3,890 for the complete kit, no sales tax, free shipping.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Can't you guys buy from places like TOD? I paid $3,890 for the complete kit, no sales tax, free shipping.
Not bad. How much for install? or did you install it?

·
Registered
118 Posts
sweet and congrats. Post up a few pics. What did that cost you?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Not bad. How much for install? or did you install it?
$1275 for the install, coolant and flash at Tustin Toyota. I have very little free time these days, so dealership it was, plus I do want the warranty.

·
Registered
118 Posts
$1275 for the install, coolant and flash at Tustin Toyota. I have very little free time these days, so dealership it was, plus I do want the warranty.
Yea I'm in the same boat (wife and 6yo twins) plus the warranty factor. Starting SC fund now. So is it like night and day difference? Huge torque gains? Have to run premium right? I def want to ck it out. PM'd

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yea I'm in the same boat (wife and 6yo twins) plus the warranty factor. Starting SC fund now. So is it like night and day difference? Huge torque gains? Have to run premium right? I def want to ck it out. PM'd
Yep, night and day difference, and the further you push the pedal the bigger the difference. If you want more easy hp, just drop in a smaller pulley, but then you are at the cusp of needing to go aftermarket with the fuel pump and the TRD warranty is explicit about being voided. And yes, its premium from then on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any suggestions on a dealer to order the 4.0 TRD SC kit from in terms of lowest price? Is it possible to get the SC plus all needed install kit/parts for under 4k? -Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts