TTORA Forum banner

Supercharger or new gears?

2K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  OBATDDSD 
#1 ·
ok guys, here is the dealio, my friend is sellin his 2000 v6 taco and he is willing to sell me his supercharger (4 mo. old) and install it for me for 700 flat...but if i buy that, its gonna set me back on gettin new gears for a few months. i currently have a 1998 4x4 5spd v6 w/ about 60,000 miles and im running 32s w/ 3.91 gears and it has slow acceleration but once it gets up to speed it does fine. my question is with the supercharger will i see any increase in power, acceleration, and torque like i will if i regear? or should i just pass this deal and get new gears?

#3 ·
Lunar mist said:
ok guys, here is the dealio, my friend is sellin his 2000 v6 taco and he is willing to sell me his supercharger (4 mo. old) and install it for me for 700 flat...but if i buy that, its gonna set me back on gettin new gears for a few months. i currently have a 1998 4x4 5spd v6 w/ about 60,000 miles and im running 32s w/ 3.91 gears and it has slow acceleration but once it gets up to speed it does fine. my question is with the supercharger will i see any increase in power, acceleration, and torque like i will if i regear? or should i just pass this deal and get new gears?
I'm on 32's... got the Charger before I regeared, took charger off, and regeared.
Had I known that the improvement with the gears were going to be as noticeable, I would have done that first. The truck now runs as if I have 28' tires on stock gears. BTW. I replaced my 4.10 gearing with 4.56 gears.
I am getting ready to put on a supercharger again.... :D

#4 ·
Lunar mist said:
I vote for gears

#9 ·
buy the charger and don't install it. It is not that hard to install and ask him if he will help you install it at a later date. 700 is a hell of a deal. Keep saving get the gears then add the little blower under the hood and watch the fun factor go up a few points RED

#10 ·
Lunar mist said:
Get the gears and let me buy the supercharger :D

In all reality, if you are going to crawl your truck offroad, get the gears.

#12 ·
Lunar mist said:
or should i just pass this deal and get new gears?
get the gears

#13 ·
Wish I could find a S/C that cheap, I agree with everyone else get the S/C then save up and put them both on at the same time. Will br awsome improvement with both....

#14 ·
Lunar mist said:
If you install the s/c without the gears, your gas mileage will suck bad..... get the gears first... If you can afford it, buy the charger but don't install until the gears. also save up for the urd performance kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.