TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading the bord today and read that some people where running a different type of motor oil than what is recomended in the book for a non supercharged enging, what are the advantages of running, i think it was 0w-30 oil? where is the best place to get this oil? and it sounded like you dont have to change the oil as offten as 5w-30 oil. i really really want to get the Urd kit for my turck, when i went to the dealership they made it sound like they just added on one more injector around the supercharger with their 7th injector kit (that and it was more expensive). is it worth voiding the warrenty with the urd kit? that and what shouldnt i do, with a supercharged engine? i just want long engine life, more power is not really my goal. but more power is a nice side affect. :D if i have more questions i will post when i am of better mind. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
741 Posts
NorCalTRD said:
i was reading the bord today and read that some people where running a different type of motor oil than what is recomended in the book for a non supercharged enging, what are the advantages of running, i think it was 0w-30 oil? where is the best place to get this oil? and it sounded like you dont have to change the oil as offten as 5w-30 oil. i really really want to get the Urd kit for my turck, when i went to the dealership they made it sound like they just added on one more injector around the supercharger with their 7th injector kit (that and it was more expensive). is it worth voiding the warrenty with the urd kit? that and what shouldnt i do, with a supercharged engine? i just want long engine life, more power is not really my goal. but more power is a nice side affect. :D if i have more questions i will post when i am of better mind. :rolleyes:
http://www.gadgetonline.com/AMSOIL.htm
is where to get Amsoil

7th injector has not been proven to get rid of the ping, the URD kit is the way to go..

·
609 Posts
NorCalTRD said:
When the URD kit is done properly the mechanics would not notice much unless the were looking specifically at the components. The FTC unit spliced into the ECU is the main thing that would stand out. They also have to prove the mod caused the malfunction. If you took it in for a bad power steering pump they cant claim the URD kit caused it. With the reliability of our trucks voiding the warranty was never a concern for me. Check out the website though for Gadget's homepage, good reading.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
i run amsoil series 2000 0w-30 because i feel it is the best oil i can buy. yes it is expensive, but i want my motor to last as long as possible.

i run an amsoil sdf-34 oil filter for 7500 miles and then change it out. at 15000 miles i change the oil and the filter. you can go as long as 30k miles or 1 yr on this oil with a naturally aspirated engine, but since we are talking superchargers here, i run the shorter interval

you can buy it from any amsoil dealer, i usually buy it by the case to save some $, be warned though, this stuff is expensive(~$9 a quart if you buy it by the quart)

as for fuel mods, definetly get the urd stage 1 kit at the very least, then have it tuned

1 - 4 of 4 Posts