TTORA Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a 1st Gen (gray) S/C on my 2002 toyota tacoma 3.4L v6 4x4. Everything went good but I can not seem to find a diagram for all the vacuum lines??? Everything keeps saying for a 4 runner or 2wd tacoma. Can I get some help guys?? Thanks

Clint

·
Registered
406 Posts
I just installed a S/C on my 2002 toyota tacoma 3.4L v6 4x4. Everything went good but I can not seem to find a diagram for all the vacuum lines??? Everything keeps saying for a 4 runner or 2wd tacoma. Can I get some help guys?? Thanks

Clint
1: Fuel Pressure Regulator to boost port
2: PCV Valve to downward facing (8mm) port on S/C inlet
3: Throttle opener to small port opposite PCV valve connection on S/C inlet
4: Brake Booster to one of the two 8mm ports on driver's side of S/C
5: EVAP canister to other of the two 8mm ports on driver's side of S/C
6: Bypass Valve should already be connected to rear most port that is not boost port (also 8mm I think)
7: If you have a vacuum actuated ADD you will need to T it in to a vacuum connection as well.

I think that is everything, I had a diagram but can't find it

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
man we must be on the same wave length..I'm looking at the same thing.. but they are saying he might have a few of his lines wrong or maybe it doesnt go that way on my truck..his has an EGR mine does not. Pluse those two coming off the throttle body, I think those are caped off?

·
Registered
852 Posts

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
I don't know if it's coincidence or what! I saw this thread the other day, and then I've gotten 2 PM's over the last couple of days with guys asking me about this same thing...

...So today I mad a little video that shows how all my Vac / Boost lines are routed. This should clear things up, I hope.

If you're still confused - ASK!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HOLLY SHIT!!! You are awesome Sar Squid! That is going to help out alot! Thanks! When I get back from Sand Dog here in Cali I will fix all the vacuum lines. Thanks again

Clint

·
Registered
406 Posts
Black Supercharger Vacuum Connections

I don’t have a video camera like SAR Squid but here are some labeled pictures of the vacuum hose connections for the 2nd gen (Black) S/C.

Picture Label Color Legendgh:
Nomenclature
Required Vacuum Connections
URD 7th Injector Kit
Notes

Starting from the driver's side of the super charger (3 o-clock) and moving clockwise.

Two ports on the driver's side of the supercharger are connected to the brake booster and EVAP Canister. The Bypass Valve, Throttle cable and URD 7th Injector Fuel Line (spliced into high pressure line going to the Fuel Rails) are also noted in these pictures.

Another Picture of the Brake Booster and EVAP connections, but this one also shows the vacuum line connection from the Air Box to the EVAP Canister.

Wide view from the front of the engine bay shows the full length of the vacuum line running from the Air Box to the EVAP Canister and PCV Valve connection. The two other lines running from the Air Box (Air Aid MIT) are for the Cam Cover Vent Hose and my ARB Compressor. URD 7th Injector components are also visible.

Detail pic of the PCV Valve Connection.

Detail pic of the Air Box to EVAP connection and ARB Compressor Inlet connection. The connection used for the ARB is normally capped off (both with the MIT and stock intake tube) as described in the TRD S/C install instructions.

Throttle Opener Connection. Note that the two 90 degree ports on top of the throttle body are capped off. They are only used on vehicles equipped with EGR systems and I do not have one thankfully.

The Idler Air Control (IAC) Valve Air Assist port is visible here. Note that it is bent back at a right angle towards the firewall. The Throttle Body (TB) Coolant Line at the front of the TB is also visible.

The check valve that is installed in the IAC Valve Air Assist line is visible here. This valve keeps positive pressure from the S/C from flowing back to the IAC Valve. It is installed so that it allows air flow FROM the IAC Valve. The rear TB coolant line is also visible here. Note that both coolant lines connected to the throttle body have clamps on them; the IAC Air assist does not. Make sure you don't cut the wrong line when installing the check valve.

There is only one Boost Port on the 2nd Gen S/C and it is located at the rear Passenger's of the S/C. Sometimes it is capped off with a brass plug. The brass plug will have to be removed and replaced with a brass nipple. The only connection that must be made here is from the Boost Port to the Fuel Pressure Regulator. The other 2 lines connected to the "T" fittings on this line lead to the URD Fuel Timing Calibrator (part of the 7th Injector Kit) and an AEM Boost Gauge. Part of the Cam Cover Vent Hose is also visible above.

Wide view from the Passenger’s side

Driver's side rear view of the S/C shows the Bypass valve connection to the S/C as well as the connection for the Cam Cover Vent Hose.

Don't go blind trying to read the picture labels ... they turned out smaller than I intended.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chiming in here, maybe too late. But I have had a Gen 1 SC on my 2000 Taco 5VZ-FE 4wd just after I bought it in 2001 with 18k miles on it. We are at a very happy 326k miles now. I can take and share pix of my setup if that still would help. I bought the SC used and took it to a dealer for installation so I would have a warranty. It took them 2 tries to get the lines and hoses hooked up correctly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chiming in here, maybe too late. But I have had a Gen 1 SC on my 2000 Taco 5VZ-FE 4wd just after I bought it in 2001 with 18k miles on it. We are at a very happy 326k miles now. I can take and share pix of my setup if that still would help. I bought the SC used and took it to a dealer for installation so I would have a warranty. It took them 2 tries to get the lines and hoses hooked up correctly.
Please, keep sharing. I think lots of people will need it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts